Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2021 - Cancelled :( **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,557 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

everlast75 wrote: »
    200.gif

It's not official until we see this guy...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

What's the big ones in Belgium, there's Tomorrowland, that big psytrance one at the same venue where they use recycled metals for the stages and Pukkelpop, they're fairly big capacity events I think.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,694 ✭✭✭Stillill42

What's the big ones in Belgium, there's Tomorrowland, that big psytrance one at the same venue where they use recycled metals for the stages and Pukkelpop, they're fairly big capacity events I think.

66000 for Pukkelpop. Anyone ever been?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Stillill42 wrote: »
    66000 for Pukkelpop. Anyone ever been?

Yea was there in 2010 and 2016, really good festival imo with plenty of music to choose from. Easy enough to get around the site too, most indoor stages were marquees instead of tents, they also had a great dance area (even though Im not a massive fan) and the weather was also great. You pay for everything via tokens which you can prebuy or buy on site, I was lucky on the last day some random guy just gave me like €20 worth of tokens for nothing which was deadly ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Nothing to do with this thread…but got tickets to primavera today! I felt I couldn’t keep it from you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

off topic:

Today Fm have axed Paul McCloone it seems, tragic news!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭endainoz

PTH2009 wrote: »

Extra.ie definitely read this thread!

https://youtu.be/5UDPA0DRdLs

The live stream for the James Vincent Mcmorrow gig is free on YouTube for anyone who's interested.

• Advertisement

Watching it now! The crowd basically look like Sunday morning at dublin gospel choir! Everyone in their little groups!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Watching it too. Looks mad but definitely getting little butterflies. The return of normality! :)

It could be the fact I love James Vincent mcmorrow along with the few glasses of wine I’ve had but this is very emosh

I am going to be an absolute wreck at the first gig im back at

Rfrip wrote: »
    It could be the fact I love James Vincent mcmorrow along with the few glasses of wine I’ve had but this is very emosh

I am going to be an absolute wreck at the first gig im back at

Yeah, he's great. Higher love was brilliant.

endainoz wrote: »

He’s really funny..:into the dusk cos it’s 9.15!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Remember him doing that cover in electric arena in 2014 it was a majical moment in a stunning gig. Booka brass joined him for a few songs. Defo one of my top memories from EP

• Registered Users Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Remember him doing that cover in electric arena in 2014 it was a majical moment in a stunning gig. Booka brass joined him for a few songs. Defo one of my top memories from EP

I enjoyed his first two albums but not listened since. Liked what I heard tonight and I'd happily stroll along to any set of his at EP 2021. Sorcha Richardson too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Watching it now! The crowd basically look like Sunday morning at dublin gospel choir! Everyone in their little groups!
    A load of politicians at it apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I just heard that the Haunt is going to be at Wild Roots festival, I need to start haranguing for a volunteer wristband. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,694 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Once you start thinking about it, live music I mean, it's hard to stop. Got myself a couple of Big Thief tickets this morning. Gigs stretching out as far as the eye can see, Snapped Ankles, David Keenan, Dry Cleaning, Sports Team, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, the Frames, Pixies, Fontaines.......the future feels brighter. Let's just get the Picnic up and running, tie the whole thing together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

I just heard that the Haunt is going to be at Wild Roots festival, I need to start haranguing for a volunteer wristband. :)

One of THE favourite spots of an EP weekend...if there was a bucket list for EP, this would be top!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

The Haunt, great place for a kip I hear ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Alkers

Complete waste of time, there are people more densely grouped in nearly every outdoor public space at the moment, without any of the one way systems etc.

What do we learn from this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Alkers wrote: »
    Complete waste of time, there are people more densely grouped in nearly every outdoor public space at the moment, without any of the one way systems etc.

What do we learn from this?

Agreed . And it’s not the future for gigs . The industry will go bust if this what gigs are going to be like

A protest for live music is planned for the 23rd. There's also a petition being shared on Facebook, probably against the rules to share the link so it's easy enough for someone to Google.

One of THE favourite spots of an EP weekend...if there was a bucket list for EP, this would be top!

C'mon lads, a boardsie meetup at wild roots! Tickets close to selling out I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

C'mon lads, a boardsie meetup at wild roots! Tickets close to selling out I believe.

Not a lineup for me at all. Only Damien Dempsey and David Keenan appeal. No doubt it’ll be a great weekend though, and some very fine bars in Sligo Town.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Not a lineup for me at all. Only Damien Dempsey and David Keenan appeal. No doubt it’ll be a great weekend though, and some very fine bars in Sligo Town.

Ah yeah I totally get that, it's a little geared towards the younger folk I guess. But it still has a much better chance of happening than EP does I'm afraid. Hopefully we'll get both of course.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I see there are possible talks in the UK about pushing out the original reopening date of the 21st of June by further 4 weeks, this would have a serious affect on gigs/festivals due to happen in July.

Advertisement