Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Takeaway Pints Dublin 12

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

The Laurels in Perrystown are doing takeaway pints too, not sure if delivered but can walk up to the door and order for takeaway. €6 for a pint of Guinness in a plastic cup, fairly steep.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭Alkers

Plastic cup job scratches the itch for the first sup really but
    after that it's pretty muck and youre better off with cans from a glass at home.

My mates further on the southside can get delivery pints in a glass, very dear but deposit on the glass redeemable the next day

Eleanora's on the Drimnagh Road are doing them on Sundays only at the moment (along with their carvery). Got a few yesterday at fiver a pop, plastic cup but said they'd do a glass swap / fill your own glass (they're 200m away from where I live).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Are any of these pints of Guinness actually from a keg? I understood that they stopped legging Guinness months ago. Seems to me that these are likely fraught from a can meaning that, price apart, they would hve litttle to commend them over a can bought at an off-licence/supermarket.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

They started kegging again a month ago.

• Advertisement

Marcusm wrote: »
    Are any of these pints of Guinness actually from a keg? I understood that they stopped legging Guinness months ago. Seems to me that these are likely fraught from a can meaning that, price apart, they would hve litttle to commend them over a can bought at an off-licence/supermarket.
    Saw them poured from the counter taps...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Alkers wrote: »
    Plastic cup job scratches the itch for the first sup really but
    after that it's pretty muck and youre better off with cans from a glass at home.

My mates further on the southside can get delivery pints in a glass, very dear but deposit on the glass redeemable the next day

Think it's more for the novelty and something to break the monotony.

Cienciano wrote: »
    Think it's more for the novelty and something to break the monotony.

Oh believe me I get that! It's worth getting one definitely but you see some people off with four pints of guinness in plastic cups, I can't imagine how nice the last one would be by the time you get onto it!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Alkers wrote: »
    Eleanora's on the Drimnagh Road are doing them on Sundays only at the moment (along with their carvery). Got a few yesterday at fiver a pop, plastic cup but said they'd do a glass swap / fill your own glass (they're 200m away from where I live).

Are they only serving with a carvery or can you buy a pint separately?

Are they only serving with a carvery or can you buy a pint separately?

You can buy drinks separately no problem but they are only open during carvery hours.

• Advertisement

Any pubs doing Friday/Saturday takeaway pints in D12? Nearest seems to be the Blacklion in Inchicore.

Any pubs doing Friday/Saturday takeaway pints in D12? Nearest seems to be the Blacklion in Inchicore.

The marble arch were doing them last weekend, was a few head the balls sitting by the canal. Recently bought by McGregor if that puts you off!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Other end of D12, but the Four Provinces in Kimmage is.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Emma2019

The Pines pub and the Laurels

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭geordi

Stoneboat in Kimmage back open. 5 for a scoop.

Cheers all!

Advertisement