Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

screen protectors and covers

Options
  • 20-05-2020 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭

I need to buy covers and screen protectors for the iPod Touch 6th generation ( I think the 5th, 6th and 7th are exactly the same).

I would prefer to buy in Ireland for a quicker delivery but eBay has no sellers in Ireland and I can only find one Irish website (Mobile Tech) that I can confirm has stock in the country - but their prices are too high for the gel covers (I need to buy several) and they only have glass screen protectors. I just need the cheaper sticker protectors.

I've been Goggling but having no luck but find it hard to believe that these things are not a dime a dozen in every country.

Any help would be great.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

This is a pack of 3 for £2.49. Its coming from the UK bit should be able to get it in a week.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TECHGEAR-Pack-Screen-Protectors-Touch/dp/B009AIG0V6

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Davy wrote: »
    This is a pack of 3 for £2.49. Its coming from the UK bit should be able to get it in a week.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TECHGEAR-Pack-Screen-Protectors-Touch/dp/B009AIG0V6

I’m hoping there is an Irish site that I’ve overlooked as I would really like to have to have them by the weekend (if that is even possible).

Amazon is my next destination if there isn’t any. eBay have the cheapest but I’m assuming post from the UK will be slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Electronics stores, phone stores and related repair stores have been able to open from the 18th - the kinds of bricks-and-mortar shops that would sell these. I know it may not suit your circumstances, so it might be a non-runner, but just in case you overlooked this option.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭whippet

I don’t use screen protectors as my experience in the past were that then never fitted right.

But I got an Otterbox Alpha Glass for my daughters iPhone and it really is superb - simple to fit and is more than just a thin sliver of film - well worth the little extra for it

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I’m hoping there is an Irish site that I’ve overlooked as I would really like to have to have them by the weekend (if that is even possible).

Amazon is my next destination if there isn’t any. eBay have the cheapest but I’m assuming post from the UK will be slow.

Here is an option for €14.99 per one:> https://www.screenhero.ie/products/screen-hero-ipod-touch-5th-6th-gen-tempered-glass-screen-protector?_pos=1&_sid=7588f1672&_ss=r

If buying email I suggest you contact them. If you order before 3.30pm you may have them tomorrow stock dependent.

• Advertisement

Electronics stores, phone stores and related repair stores have been able to open from the 18th - the kinds of bricks-and-mortar shops that would sell these. I know it may not suit your circumstances, so it might be a non-runner, but just in case you overlooked this option.

I did not know they were open now. I thought it was just hardware.

I have checked those in the past the iPod Touch seems a device no shop has the accessories for.

But I’ll give them a call.

Davy wrote: »
    Here is an option for €14.99 per one:> https://www.screenhero.ie/products/screen-hero-ipod-touch-5th-6th-gen-tempered-glass-screen-protector?_pos=1&_sid=7588f1672&_ss=r

If buying email I suggest you contact them. If you order before 3.30pm you may have them tomorrow stock dependent.

14.99 is far too much and I need a few screen covers anyway.

I didn’t know electronics shops and the like where open so I will try those but it is unlikely they have them. I’ll go with Amazon if they don’t but finding a seller who have gel cases and screen covers will be a pain.

whippet wrote: »
    I don’t use screen protectors as my experience in the past were that then never fitted right.

But I got an Otterbox Alpha Glass for my daughters iPhone and it really is superb - simple to fit and is more than just a thin sliver of film - well worth the little extra for it

They can fit right but the problem getting them on right first time because you don’t get a second.

The plastic ones are cheap and just as effective as glass. If the application goes very wrong you try with another.

Advertisement