Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mounting new TV on old mount?

Options
  • 20-05-2020 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭

I would like to mount a new 65", probably a Hisense or TCL though not certain yet, on the existing mount for a very heavy old 42". As you can see in the pictures the mount is secured onto steel bars protruding from a recess of the wall, so putting up another mount would be a PITA. I have attached a picture of the bracket on the TV also.

Is the bracket VESA, meaning it will fit all modern TVs?

If so, is there somewhere I could order just the different size bolts? I know different TVs take different bolts.

yX7OcWg.jpg?1

wHisxEH.jpg?1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Id say your bracket will fit any telly alright. And yes the bolts will probably be a different size. If you buy a mounting bracket new now it will have all different size bolts. They are just standard bolts and youll get them in woodies. Im sure a quick google will tell you what size you need.

Advertisement