Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of extra sockets in new build

Options
  • 20-05-2020 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi

We have just bought a new build house from plans in a housing estate. I am just wondering if anyone could give an estimate of the cost of putting extra sockets into the house? There are a couple of rooms which could do with extra sockets. First fix is being done next week so want to have an idea before we request 7 and realise it will cost a fortune!

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

Will cost approximately €50 per point but I would try to negotiate it into the price, it is a relatively minor request.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 CarlosV

Will cost approximately €50 per point but I would try to negotiate it into the price, it is a relatively minor request.

Thanks so much for that advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Stanford

Piece of string question, it depends on where you want them and how close the nearest ring main will be, get them in now, you will never have enough sockets

• Registered Users Posts: 36 CarlosV

Stanford wrote: »
    Piece of string question, it depends on where you want them and how close the nearest ring main will be, get them in now, you will never have enough sockets

Thanks for the advice Stanford. We want to make sure we have it all covered so we don't end up having to put them in once we move in. Much easier to do it now!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Ask early too. Most builders don’t like adding extras since BCAR came in.
    Even minor things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Lleyn elec

What ever price you get, there will never be a cheaper time to do it.

Advertisement