Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non UK Musicians will need a visa to perform in the UK from 2021

• 20-05-2020 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

https://www.nme.com/news/non-uk-musicians-will-need-visa-to-perform-in-the-country-from-2021-2612337?fbclid=IwAR2OJDRwyDlqYysw-kHj3_mF0MegnikOIbaLyY5y2oUfOxQXvRXXIlBBnQY

Just seen this and couldn't help but wonder how much of an impact this will potentially have, particularly for alternative and indie artists whose profits have been destroyed by COVID-19 and may be less likely to do one off dates in Ireland.

I'm confident at some point in the future when we have a vaccine we will see some sort of a significant comeback for international travel, but you'd have to wonder how long could it be before different music scenes can make their mark around these isles again?

Overall I can't say I envy musicians from other countries starting out who would otherwise have been delighted to do gigs here.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭blackbox

UI_Paddy wrote: »
    https://www.nme.com/news/non-uk-musicians-will-need-visa-to-perform-in-the-country-from-2021-2612337?fbclid=IwAR2OJDRwyDlqYysw-kHj3_mF0MegnikOIbaLyY5y2oUfOxQXvRXXIlBBnQY

Just seen this and couldn't help but wonder how much of an impact this will potentially have, particularly for alternative and indie artists whose profits have been destroyed by COVID-19 and may be less likely to do one off dates in Ireland.

I'm confident at some point in the future when we have a vaccine we will see some sort of a significant comeback for international travel, but you'd have to wonder how long could it be before different music scenes can make their mark around these isles again?

Overall I can't say I envy musicians from other countries starting out who would otherwise have been delighted to do gigs here.

How will that work for Northern Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭UI_Paddy

blackbox wrote: »
    How will that work for Northern Ireland?

Presumably whatever laws are made for entering Great Britain will apply there too.

On the other hand maybe we will see some new great up and coming Irish bands make an impact on the musical landscape with less competition from across the pond. Who knows, but it will be interesting to see the direction this turn of events takes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Hi OP, while I understand you copied the article title, I updated it on the thread to make it clearer what you talking about.

Advertisement