Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PTSB Card will not work except for its own ATMs

• 20-05-2020 7:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,587 ✭✭✭

The OH's PTSB card will only work at PTSB ATMs. Other ATMs tell her to contact card provider. Which she will do tomorrow, im just wondering if anyone has seen similar and how to resolve it. This has happened with her previous card too.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Happens with my girlfriends card as well,
    one time we were in aldi and paying for groceries, and her card wouldnt work. but mine did so it wasn't a fault with the machines or the system.

Ever since I've always brought my own card with me to the shop incase hers doesn't work.

Ive heard awful lots of trouble with ptsb and there cards forever not working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

If her card is only an 'atm' card then it will only work in ptsb atm's.

A 'debit' card account is required so the card will work everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

PTSB's app now has added an additional step for "security purposes". They send a security code to your mobile but it was unsuccessful as they cannot validate my SIM card.

Then they give out 2 numbers I can call but they dont seem to realize the costs of ringing home.

I left Ireland in 2014 and have repeatedly reminded them of that and they know my current mobile number. Cant even check my own money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,877 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

SHOVELLER wrote: »
    PTSB's app now has added an additional step for "security purposes". They send a security code to your mobile but it was unsuccessful as they cannot validate my SIM card.

Then they give out 2 numbers I can call but they dont seem to realize the costs of ringing home.

I left Ireland in 2014 and have repeatedly reminded them of that and they know my current mobile number. Cant even check my own money.

Could you not get say a PAYG sim and use that? Top up when needed.

Advertisement