Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Triton T90SR Won't Turn Off

• 20-05-2020 9:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭

My Triton T90SR has decided to not switch off with the power button(will at external wall switch). Having checked the wiring all seems in order in that nothing is loose. I don't have a Multimeter or anything of the like.

The user manual says for troubleshooting that when a shower won't turn off it's likely the power switch(yeah thanks manual). Switch with cover on and off seems to move fine.

It's in warranty till mid June handy for me so I could get earthridge/Triton out but short of calling them tomorrow who knows if they'll even call out.(Covid working within peoples homes)

Anybody have knowledge/history of this type of failure and suggest a shorter term fix.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Shamboo1801

If it's in warranty I'd be getting them to check it. No point losing the warranty doing something stupid. I've the number handy if you need it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Thanks but I have the number for them anyway, Earthridge or Maynooth Showers(whatever you're having yourself). Could be dicey getting somebody out in these funny times, last guy who came to fix a faulty heating part(different house different T90SR) managed to elecrocute himself twice and tried to hide it(badly) so was looking for a known solution as well as having the warranty ace in the pocket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Whe you say that it won't turn off, are you taking about the whole shower or just the water? Is the motor turning off & just water still flowing? Or is the water flowing & you can still hear the motor running?

If you turn off at the pull cord switch or even the trip switch on the fuse box what's happening then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Good question for clarity.

It's on, power on, water flowing under pressure. The power switch on the unit does nothing, must be switched off then outside the ensuite on the wall switch.

I wanted to rule out the solenoid. It can only be a faulty on/off button. It's the first T90sr I've heard off with the switch failed in the on position. Very unusual

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Paullimerick

People of boards. A problem im having with a triton t90sr. The element was gone or going so i replaced the element in this persons house with a new one and new thermostat also. Now the water is boiling still and then cold. Checked the filter which is clean. Any ideas. Thanks

People of boards. A problem im having with a triton t90sr. The element was gone or going so i replaced the element in this persons house with a new one and new thermostat also. Now the water is boiling still and then cold. Checked the filter which is clean. Any ideas. Thanks

If the water gets too hot the TCO kills power to the element till the heating can only has cold water. TCO then resets. If water is still too cold then it will cycle scalding /freezing.

The issue is caused by something you have done or not done imo. I wonder if the temperature dial is properly aligned. Perhaps it's stopping the flow control valve from opening all the way? With cover off open the flow control valve fully. Turn it all the way anticlockwise. On the cover make sure the temperature dial is all the way to blue and then put on the cover. Perhaps you haven't purged all of the air from the pump and it's partially airlocked? Has someone changed the shower head?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Had this and it was the Flexi hose to the head.... It had been twisted and restricted the flow.
    Untwisted it and like new.....

Advertisement