Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Latitude 3190 Buyers Advice

Options
  • 20-05-2020 9:37pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭

I haven't bought a laptop in 8 years. The last one I got was a Lenovo and it was terrible so I'm going to go back to Dell because I got 8 years out of the Inspiron I bought for college - it's actually 12 years old and still switches on, but all of the hardware is failing.

I want something compact (way prefer 11", 13" would do if the value was there but):
    8GB RAM
    Quad Core processor
    10+ hrs battery
    touchscreen
    around €500.

https://www.dell.com/en-ie/work/shop/laptops/latitude-3190/spd/latitude-11-3190-laptop/n018l319011emea?configurationid=6574cb0f-8844-4a6b-b2b0-398097296bd3
    Latitude 3190 ticks most boxes except touchscreen which was really more of an afterthought. Does anyone know any reliable brands where I could get similar or better?

I'm in no hurry either.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Just to follow up on this;

I ended up getting an Inspiron 5391 for €1200.

I had nothing but trouble with it. A multitude of service-people came out to fix it and none of them succeed.

It's end of line so they offered me a replacement of a 14" model with slightly reduced specs all around. I refused because my one specification is that it needs to be lightweight and compact and high efficiency.

I'm still waiting to hear about the refund. Dell, if you're up there...

I've done a lot of searching online and I don't think the laptop I require actually exists so I'm looking at making it from scratch over Christmas. I've become handy enough at doing my work on my phone anyway. It's a fair pain in the ass but so is everything now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭ozmo

s1ippy wrote: »
    I had nothing but trouble with it. A multitude of service-people came out to fix it and none of them succeed.

Sounds awful - what was wrong with it?

Fairly good experiences with dell myself.

“Roll it back”

Advertisement