Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kids Scooter

Options
  • 20-05-2020 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭

Am not sure if this is the right place to post so mods please feel free to move as appropriate as I can’t find a dedicated scooter/ kids section.

Want to get my 9 year old a decent scooter for her birthday in 2 weeks time. CAnt obviously go shopping and get hands on feel and advice so it seems I am bound to an internet purchase for now.

Are micro scooters the best? Is there other ones which might be just as good and not so expensive. I’ve heard about razor ones. Anyone know what way they stack up against each other?

Not sure if I should be buying here the ones which say 5-12 or a 10yr old plus one. She is tall, I’ll measure her up tomorrow, but she is also slim and light.

Micro seem to have Irish and U.K. sites. U.K. one is coming in a good bit cheaper €20ish when we add in all the accessories etc. Anyone know if they will take my order, or route me to the Irish site or force me to use parcel motel etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

The Micro Scooters are brilliant. We have 2 in our house for years that have been handed down a couple of times and they are still going strong. The parts are all replaceable, they are pretty bulletproof and very smooth to ride (er, yes, I've been known to scoot around the garden on them!:o). I got ours in 360 Cycles - they do online too but just checked and their choice seems limited.

Had previously done the cheap scooters but they were horrible to ride and didn't last long (buy cheap, buy twice!). The Micros are not cheap but if you can stretch to it you won't go wrong.

We have the Mini and Maxi Micros (2 front wheels) and they are very stable and easy to ride (lean to steer). The handlebars are adjustable for height so check the sizing guide on the Micro Website. My 8-year old is on the Maxi Micro now and size is perfect. Height is more critical than weight as the handlebar height is important for comfort and stability I'd say.

Hope this helps.

+1 for the Micro Scooter. Had one given to us an older child in the family no longer used. I had to to replace the rear wheel and was surprised at their range of spares when I went looking. Pretty much everything on it down bearings is replaceable.

Think I paid €11 for the wheel and they even had instructions should they be needed on youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

If you’re in Dublin, Donnybrook Bikes stock Micro Scooters. Give them a call, see if they have a size/colour that might suit.

Advertisement