Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Device can't read sim card?

Options
  • 21-05-2020 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,
    I'm trying to get this three sim to work in this device, but it's not even recognising the sim at all and says "no sim" in the android menu when the sim is in. I've waited for it to recognise it, I've rebooted, still no luck. Then I remembered about the bands and as I bought this from Asia, thinking it may be something to do with this? I tried my regular sim in it and still no luck, and I tried the 3 sim in my phone and it works fine.

I'm not sure what band the SIM is, but it says this on the product page:
    .It’s network band support :TD-SCDMA:2100(B34/)/1900(B39) WCDMA:2100(B1) ,LTE:FDD 2100(B1)/1800(B3) TDD:2600(B38)/1900(B39)/2300(B40)/2500(B41)

Please notice: this car dvr only support 4G LTE:FDD, please check your local 4G network band firstly before your purchasing. Thank you.

Q:Can’t read SIM card.

A: It can’t support hot enter. Please turn off the device and enter your SIM card. Make sure the SIM card can use on the device.

support TD-SCDMA:2100(B34/)/1900(B39) WCDMA:2100(B1) ,LTE:FDD 2100(B1)/1800(B3) TDD:2600(B38)/1900(B39)/2300(B40)/2500(B41)

HTB1pubxB9BYBeNjy0Feq6znmFXa9.jpg

I'm guessing this is the issue so? :o

I'll probably have to get a wifi dongle or tether from an old phone for the three sim and have the camera connect to that :confused:

Any feedback would be great :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Bands used in Ireland...
    https://signalsolution.novatel.ie/irish-operators-and-frequencies

The only bands that it seems to support are WCDMA (3G) 2100MHz and 4G/LTE FDD 1800MHz but those bands are location dependant.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thanks for the reply! Seems like that's the issue then I guess. I wasn't sure if it was something wrong with the item itself. It's just strange that it says no sim, as opposed to just having no signal.

Looks like the wifi dongle solution is going to be needed!

Advertisement