Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to Siro rollout work?

• 21-05-2020 10:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 473 ✭✭

Living in a small town in north wicklow & there is now siro availability on the main road 100 metres away and a house on the road has Siro now. Am just not sure what happens next.

Any know how the rollout happens? Do they just connect houses within a certain distance of the main road, just do the easy connections or poles, are connections made to all houses within an area? Guess I am trying to figure out if rollout is methodical in a area or random

Advice appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

hi BigGeorge,

Maybe check the SIRO link https://siro.ie/ and see if it is available in your area?

I noticed SIRO boxes \ manholes? in my estate a couple of months before it became available to purchase. My understanding is that if once they lay the cables to the local cabinet then then have to run the fibre from the cabinet down the main road of your estate and only after that can run a cable into your house...so in short, I would check the link above and put in your eircode to see if pops up otherwise I would try and find out who your neighbor is with (Eir/VF etc.) and then give them a call. It makes sense for the provider to get as many completed in the one area as possible so I would think you have a good chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 473 ✭✭BigGeorge

Thank you - makes sense. I've have a look at the map & neighbouring eircodes. Am not sure if they are only rolling out in estates or are the likely to roll out into individual houses that are close to the main road too

Advertisement