Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patio Cost

Options
  • 21-05-2020 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hello,
    Looking forward to know if 2k is reasonable or not for 16 square meter patio in limestone and one step to be fully redone. I live in Limerick.
    Thank you for your opinion as I have no clue.
    The only thing I know is that the demand is high at the moment (making up for the no abroad hols possible

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭rje66

colombes wrote: »
    Hello,
    Looking forward to know if 2k is reasonable or not for 16 square meter patio in limestone and one step to be fully redone. I live in Limerick.
    Thank you for your opinion as I have no clue.
    The only thing I know is that the demand is high at the moment (making up for the no abroad hols possible
    maybe a little on high side. Dep on access. Are there any curves to be cut. Is there man holes or gullies to deal with. Is vat incl in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

The patio slabs themselves could easily take up 75% of your budget, then you need to consider ground clearing costs and other materials such as hardcore, sand or cement, machinery cost ie whacker, cement mixer.

van_beano wrote: »
    The patio slabs themselves could easily take up 75% of your budget, then you need to consider ground clearing costs and other materials such as hardcore, sand or cement, machinery cost ie whacker, cement mixer.
    Hmmm..budget is 2k ish. Area 16m2. On your costings its 90ish euro per m2 for slabs. Where you paying this for slabs???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

rje66 wrote: »
    Hmmm..budget is 2k ish. Area 16m2. On your costings its 90ish euro per m2 for slabs. Where you paying this for slabs???

I just googled limestone slab prices, ranged from 85-95 per m2, I’ve silver granite myself, just going from my experience getting mine done a few years ago, all in all about 15m2 with a plaster wall capped with silver granite slabs and a step and about 6 metres of metal French drains and 2 metal inserts with slabs in them for the drain covers, around €4,500 I paid

• Registered Users Posts: 36 colombes

Thanks all for your answers. Look like it is not cheap but not too exaggerated either.

• Advertisement

van_beano wrote: »
    I just googled limestone slab prices, ranged from 85-95 per m2, I’ve silver granite myself, just going from my experience getting mine done a few years ago, all in all about 15m2 with a plaster wall capped with silver granite slabs and a step and about 6 metres of metal French drains and 2 metal inserts with slabs in them for the drain covers, around €4,500 I paid
    Ah ok. Those prices would be supplied and fitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Alkers

Probably at least two days labour for two guys which will be 800e anyway in that quote

Advertisement