Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VTAC LED Bulbs

• 21-05-2020 12:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭

Has anyone used the above and how do they find them?

Over the last 2 years I've probably upgraded 15 bulbs in the house to these bulbs, in a mixture of Lamps, Ceilings lights and wall mounted fittings, Bayonet and screw fit.

I've replaced at least 10 of them under warranty in the last 2 years also.

2 more went in the last month that I haven't replaced. They begin to flash on and off really fast,stop and work away normal for a while before starting again, other just stop working and turn to a dim glow.
    Could it be the house wiring?:confused:

Anyone recommend another brand? this is all the 2 local shops to me stock, ill buy online instead.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Could be house wiring tbh led shouldn't be going that fast. I've vtac long lamps in the garage but not in long enough to comment.

Did you have issues with older lamps any other electrical faults ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

listermint wrote: »
    Could be house wiring tbh led shouldn't be going that fast. I've vtac long lamps in the garage but not in long enough to comment.

Did you have issues with older lamps any other electrical faults ?

Only in the house a little over 2 years, but I've vtac golf ball bulbs and candle bulbs in lamps and theyre all fine. 5 outdoor LED lights ranging from 20-50watts with no issues. Theres halogen bulbs in other fixtures and they're fine too

Advertisement