Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I live beside the COVID-19 Banksy

• 21-05-2020 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭

It isn't the real Banksy, but it is a mysterious graffiti artist who's going around my estate writing uplifting messages on the ground in chalk.

Last week I woke up to a 'I've got sunshine on a cloudy day' written on the ground in a nearby carpark, with love hearts either side of it.

I see children out there all the time, but the handwriting was too clean to be that of a child's. I also see teenagers out there, but the spirit of the message is a bit too gay for a teenager to be the culprit. When I was a teenager, I'd rather be caught shagging a cat than be caught having a positive disposition or trying to lift community spirits.

So if it isn't a teenager, and it isn't a kid, it has to be an adult by process of elimination. Plus, how the f*ck would a child know about The Temptations?

A few days later, suburban Banksy unleashed another piece. He or she wrote 'Everything's going to be okay' and, again, it had the trademark love hearts either side of it. It was in the same carpark.

And just now I've walked past his or her latest work - 'Better days are coming!'. No love hearts this time, but the same handwriting.

And look, it's grand. I haven't lived here long, but long enough to know there's quite a few arseholes who would probably 'accidentally' spill white spirit all over these morale-boosting asphalt senitments. Me, I've no issue with it, other than I want to know who it is.

I have an inkling about who's writing them. I think it's this long-legged Spanish or Italian au pere I see walking around with a couple of kids she looks after. The reason I think it's her is because I saw the kids she minds drawing hop-scotch blocks on a nearby path with - you guessed it - chalk, the same type of chalk used to post these messages.

I'll keep you's posted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Conte..

Everythings gonna be alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,244 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Death is not the end

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Also, he or she doesn't know that 'sunshine' is one word, which makes me think it's this tasty au pere. I could see foreigners not knowing that. Hopefully her next post is a lyric from The Ketchup Song so we can verify she's Spanish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Hammer89 wrote: »
    Also, he or she doesn't know that 'sunshine' is one word, which makes me think it's this tasty au pere. I could see foreigners not knowing that. Hopefully her next post is a lyric from The Ketchup Song so we can verify she's Spanish.
    "Pere" What has the French father got to do with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

U’ll be ok hun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Odhinn

It isn't the real Banksy, but it is a mysterious graffiti artist who's going around my estate writing uplifting messages on the ground in chalk.

Last week I woke up to a 'I've got sunshine on a cloudy day' written on the ground in a nearby carpark, with love hearts either side of it.

I see children out there all the time, but the handwriting was too clean to be that of a child's. I also see teenagers out there, but the spirit of the message is a bit too gay for a teenager to be the culprit. When I was a teenager, I'd rather be caught shagging a cat than be caught having a positive disposition or trying to lift community spirits.

So if it isn't a teenager, and it isn't a kid, it has to be an adult by process of elimination. Plus, how the f*ck would a child know about The Temptations?

A few days later, suburban Banksy unleashed another piece. He or she wrote 'Everything's going to be okay' and, again, it had the trademark love hearts either side of it. It was in the same carpark.

And just now I've walked past his or her latest work - 'Better days are coming!'. No love hearts this time, but the same handwriting.

And look, it's grand. I haven't lived here long, but long enough to know there's quite a few arseholes who would probably 'accidentally' spill white spirit all over these morale-boosting asphalt senitments. Me, I've no issue with it, other than I want to know who it is.

I have an inkling about who's writing them. I think it's this long-legged Spanish or Italian au pere I see walking around with a couple of kids she looks after. The reason I think it's her is because I saw the kids she minds drawing hop-scotch blocks on a nearby path with - you guessed it - chalk, the same type of chalk used to post these messages.

I'll keep you's posted.

It's the season for them. The Short legged au pair migrates south for the winter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,076 ✭✭✭✭event

Look at Columbo here

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Live Laugh Love, OP.

event wrote: »
    Look at Columbo here

Was written like that on purpose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

It seems they are positioning themselves all over the world using these messages to synchronize their efforts

• Advertisement

I'll keep you's posted.

Please do. I'll have to get email notifications turned on, as I'm starting to wear the print off my F5 key.

(just joking, of course, fair play for making a positive thread :).. but it's still graffiti and i hate it :()

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,360 ✭✭✭Archeron

Live Laugh Love, OP.

Pee poo fart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Odhinn wrote: »
    It's the season for them. The Short legged au pair migrates south for the winter.
    I read the OP as a one legged au pair.

I regret to inform you all that in the early hours of Friday morning, the uplifting COVID statements chalked on the ground inside my estate were washed away by the precipitation that fell over Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Central Services

I regret to inform you all that in the early hours of Friday morning, the uplifting COVID statements chalked on the ground inside my estate were washed away by the precipitation that fell over Dublin.

A metaphor of life. You could make an art house, short movie of this episode.

A metaphor of life. You could make an art house, short movie of this episode.

If I know anything about Spanish or Italian women, and I don't, it's that she won't let a bit of rain get in the way of spreading positivity.

Advertisement