Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ridiculously slow refunds from ticketbastard

Options
  • 21-05-2020 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,580 ✭✭✭

22 April I was told re Fever Pitch to wait 21 days. A month later i'm still a waiting.

Picnic... applied for refund on the day of cancellation. Nothing back.

It's fierce take-the-piss that they give you

1. A buried contact section on the site to apply for the refund in the first place.
    2. A form to fill in with details you already gave the flutes in the first place when buying ticket and/or registering with the site.

And cant just sent the flipping money directly to the card you paid with.

And yes i tried to post this in Gigs/Events but the forum is like an audience with the pope (I can't get into it)

Im posting this not to (just) rant, but want to check if anyone has got theirs back yet

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭ablelocks

they were too efficient for me - i only asked a question about the possibility of getting a refund and the feckers went off and cancelled my tickets without my permission. Gob****es.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I am very unhappy about all of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭LeYouth

Would it be possible to set up a company to compete against Ticketmaster. Or is there anyone that has tried to do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭ablelocks

ablelocks wrote: »
    they were too efficient for me - i only asked a question about the possibility of getting a refund and the feckers went off and cancelled my tickets without my permission. Gob****es.

in fairness, and all credit to the customer service agent, my tickets were restored within 24 hours of me sending them a strongly worded email.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Is it only cancelled shows that you are eligible for a refund on? I’ve the guts of a thousand quid spent on tickets and they’ve just rescheduled most of them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Threaten them with small claims court. Did this with a hotel recently and they coughed up fairly quickly. Chancers!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

Moving to consumer issues. If mods there reopen, then please read the local charter.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement