Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know what this is?

Options
  • 21-05-2020 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

This is out our back garden (we recently just bought the house). But wondering what is it and it's now laying loose down along our fence.

Edit, apologies, i though I could add photos. I can't, but it's a thick black cable, plugged into a "Tratec" panel, with other cables coming out. They run then into ivy and don't want to poke around to be honest just to be safe. It then runs loose towards back of house, up the wall, then cable splits in two between us and neighbours. Neighbours actually threw it in to our garden loose, young people renting. and to be honest, we just want to sort it ourselves as the Tratec panel is in our garden rather than starting a row with neighbours.
    Best I can describe, if it helps!!! Thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

This is out our back garden (we recently just bought the house). But wondering what is it and it's now laying loose down along our fence.

Edit, apologies, i though I could add photos. I can't, but it's a thick black cable, plugged into a "Tratec" panel, with other cables coming out. They run then into ivy and don't want to poke around to be honest just to be safe. It then runs loose towards back of house, up the wall, then cable splits in two between us and neighbours. Neighbours actually threw it in to our garden loose, young people renting. and to be honest, we just want to sort it ourselves as the Tratec panel is in our garden rather than starting a row with neighbours.
    Best I can describe, if it helps!!! Thanks !

Is there anything else written on the panel? At a guess I'd say it's a tv splitter of some description but could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

aido79 wrote: »
    Is there anything else written on the panel? At a guess I'd say it's a tv splitter of some description but could be wrong.

Could be a UPC pot of some sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Definitely UPC if its Tratec. plug it out and see how long it takes the young people to want it back :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Whosasnoozie

Thanks all. Nothing else said on the panel, no model no, just Tratec power saving or something. Contacted virgin and hopefully they'll send someone out quickly!

Definitely UPC if its Tratec. plug it out and see how long it takes the young people to want it back :pac::pac:

😂haha revenge!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

Google Tratec Panel and if you see something there that looks like it, copy and paste it here so others will be in no doubt about what you're referring to.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

@Whosasnoozie: PM me the photo and I will post of for you

Thanks a million for the help everyone. Virgin kindly removed it today, very swiftly in fairness to them!!

Advertisement