Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook - one account, 2 home pages

Options
  • 21-05-2020 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,517 ✭✭✭✭

Depending on which browser I use on one particular computer, I am directed to different home pages. One combination is the 'good combination,' I want to use.
    The other, the 'old combination' that I don't want to use.

I've tried this on 3 different computers with Chrome, IE, FF and Brave. One computer/Chrome, get the good combination. All the rest, the old one, which I want to retire. In fact, I scheduled that account for deletion - which apparently takes a month.

If I look at my FB settings, I see that the good combination has my home page as blah.facebook.com/.../login.name.12345
    The old one
    blah.facebook.com/.../login.name.246810

(numbers simplified of course)

The two combinations, have different sets of friends, different groups, etc. As if they're two completely different people.

But it's the same login/password combination!

None of the settings options allow me to twiddle the blah.facebook.com... stuff. All I can do, is delete the account. My fear is, once the accounts deleted, both will go away or, worse still, into FB limbo so when I re-instate the account, one of them will magically come back.

I suppose I could just drop facebook. That's attractive, too. But this is amazingly weird behavior.

How I got two accounts, is because the 'old account' was under a username that *I* thought was amusing and worked for a few years. This was under an old login/password.

Then FB forced me to change it (what could be wrong with Throatwarbler Mangrove? Bah.) ANyway, that account lasted for a few years post name-change, I then recently decided (using the computer with the eventual good combination) to create a new account, different login/password. No problem. Return to good computer to delete the 'renamed' throatwarbler mangrove account, and surprise surprise, it's there, using the new 'good' login/password, but still the 'old' (mangrove) friends/groups/etc.

Maddening. Just maddening. Any advice? No point asking for help from FB. I might just simply wait for the account to be deleted and pick up the pieces then.

It's just so weird that the page chosen (.12345 or .2468) is a roll of the computer/browser dice

Advertisement