Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Self-isolation payment

• 22-05-2020 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭

I'm going to make a long story very short:

I was asked to self isolate back in mid March by my employer, I was told to apply for the govt. illness benefit (specifically) for the 2 weeks I was off. I did in consultation with my GP, filled out the forms and I recieved around 130euro for the 2 weeks I was off.
    Work assured me it would be as their normal illness policy procedure so that payment would be about right for 2 weeks off. Zero mention of applying for a Covid specific payment at this point.

I have now been notified it should have been the enhanced covid illness benefit that I received (yes I'm aware it sounds obvious I should have, but work preached otherwise). I am down 700 (2 weeks Covid cover) in this month's wages as they only got around to processing these specific isolation payments that multiple employees received this month. I am not the only one that has been affected by this. How do I go about sorting this out? And will I get the difference in payment considering it is now over 2 months ago since I was asked to self-isolate? Absolute headmelt.

I only discovered this this evening, I will be contacting welfare tomorrow to see what can be sorted.
    Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Jim Root

I don’t quite follow, why was the €350 x 2 taken out of your wages?

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Jim Root wrote: »
    I don’t quite follow, why was the €350 x 2 taken out of your wages?

Taken out of my wages as I should have been in receipt of those 2 payments during my time in isolation from the government.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭lughildanach

What did GP certify as your reason for applying for Illness Benefit. The GP should have provided you COVID Illness Benefit certification if it was related to COVID. If they didn't, you can go back to the GP and ask them to either complete new certification/form for the period or get a letter explaining that the reason for the original certification was due to COVID self-isolation. You can send this in to Illness Benefit and ask them to review your lower Illness Benefit payments. May take some time, but they should be sympathetic.

Contact Illness Benefit section and ask them for direction. If you can't get through to them on the phone email illnessbenefit@welfare.ie

Advertisement