Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dulux trade paint

• 22-05-2020 7:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I’m looking for a particular colour , sea foam to be exact but Mr Google is telling me it’s a dulux trade paint. I can’t seem to find this colour in the likes of Woodies etc. My question is with it being a trade paint any ideas of suppliers ? I’m based near Navan.

Comments

Just bring the name of the paint to a local paint shop. Most can mix them up for you.

This seems to be the code?

soeaffoam.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

If you do find a Dulux Trade shop selling the paint, remember trade paint is very different from the consumer paint you would normally buy in B&Q or Woodies etc.

Much thicker paint, but can be used for 'genuine one coat' in a lot of scenarios if you know how to use it (and if you don't you might end up with very uneven coat and waste a lot of paint).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Roger Mellie Man on the Telly

kenmm wrote: »
    if you know how to use it
    I once bought 5L of LittleGreene white paint. It was so thick I had to water it down. I still have no idea how to apply this type of paint properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

No such thing as a one coat paint. Don't care how they promote it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

I once bought 5L of LittleGreene white paint. It was so thick I had to water it down. I still have no idea how to apply this type of paint properly.

Ye - for me you just need to go for it and be very regimented on what area you are rolling (if emulsion and a roller) - like a 1.5 x 1.5 metre area, working the roller in all directions before moving onto the next square. Hard to explain my technique because I am not a painter - but I definitely wasted a litre (or five!) until I got the hang of it (before doing a whole apartment of freshly plastered walls!).
    dok_golf wrote: »
    No such thing as a one coat paint. Don't care how they promote it

That's why I said "A lot of scenarios" - and I meant the top coat. So a smooth wall, well primed, or similar colour then trade paint will be easier to cover than the consumer equivalent (I have yet to experience a consumer one coat - they definitely don't exist!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

I've yet to find a trade paint either that will cover in once coat. By spray, you might get the main body of the wall done in one, but cutting in, always needs 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,951 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

I remember being in the bank of Ireland in college green fee years ago when they were painting the new customer area.
    Was surprised to see them use Fleetwood trade paint.
    Looked lovely when finished

Advertisement