If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonos

Options
  • 22-05-2020 8:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi
    Contemplating going for the sonos arc when it becomes available later next month along with a sub and maybe a few play 1’s or equivalent.
    I’ve a few questions please if you can help.
    I’ve an old Sony tv, I’ve heard the arc needs a tv with a specific port for setup, also that the tv ideally should be 55 inch ? Is this correct and if so would you have a recommendation for a tv suitable.
    As far as I’m aware the arc is mainly for tv experience, would it be of use for streaming from Spotify for a music only experience without the tv.

Kind Regards

Tom

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi
    Contemplating going for the sonos arc when it becomes available later next month along with a sub and maybe a few play 1’s or equivalent.
    I’ve a few questions please if you can help.
    I’ve an old Sony tv, I’ve heard the arc needs a tv with a specific port for setup, also that the tv ideally should be 55 inch ? Is this correct and if so would you have a recommendation for a tv suitable.
    As far as I’m aware the arc is mainly for tv experience, would it be of use for streaming from Spotify for a music only experience without the tv.

Kind Regards

Tom
    Hi Plantmaster.

The Sonos ARC is aimed at using with a TV but it will still works for just streaming music and the other Sonos features.
    For ARC to work then the TV does need to have an ARC HDMI port. It depends how old you TV is as to weather or not it will have ARC.
    It is usually mark on the HDMI if it is the ARC one.
    If you are looking a new TV also, let me know your budget and I'll see what fits within it as there are many 55" televisions on the market and varying quality and prices.

One of the most popular sets would be the LG OLED's. They have the 55B9 priced at 1098 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204255-lg-oled55b9pla-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-play.aspx

I think by best suited to a 55" inch is more to do with the length of the Sonos ARC but you can use it along with any size of TV as long as it has HDMI ARC.

All Sonos products are designed to sound good when streaming music as that is one of their main selling points :)

The Sonos ARC are due into our main warehouse around the 27th May.

Hope this helps a little.

Any questions please let me know.

Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Plantmaster

Hi Kenny
    Thanks for your reply, would listening to streamed music on the arc be equivalent to say a play 5 speaker also I’m restricted in regards to tv size so can you recommend a suitable 43inch max screen tv please.
    Regards

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi Kenny
    Thanks for your reply, would listening to streamed music on the arc be equivalent to say a play 5 speaker also I’m restricted in regards to tv size so can you recommend a suitable 43inch max screen tv please.
    Regards
    Hi Pantmaster.

Unfortunately I can't answer than question just yet as I have not heard the ARC running as it not released yet.

I would expect it to sound much better due to it price point and that it is a brand new product. It also has many more speakers built into it to give a fuller sound.

For a 43" TV you could check out the Sony 43XG8196 currently 529 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203986-sony-bravia-kd43xg8196bu-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-android-tv-youview.aspx

If you went for the NEW Sony range their is the 43XH8196 coming in at 839 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204629-sony-kd43xh8196bu-new-hx-series-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-android-tv-youview.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

Kenny.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.