Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The continuous closure of the LC thread

Options
  • 22-05-2020 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭

Can I ask mods why is the thread being continually closed. This time it's because 'the thread is going nowhere and is getting personal'????

There are an interested group of teachers discussing the pros and cons of the fallout and if mods don't want to take part in the discussions that's fine, but why prevent the rest of us from doing so?

It's getting very irritating to login to find that yet again it's been closed to prevent people from having a discussion. I logged in this morning as there were a couple points I wanted to put to the regulars, can't post.

Are there orders from up on high to prevent us talking about the LC or what?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭babybuilder

Can I ask mods why is the thread being continually closed. This time it's because 'the thread is going nowhere and is getting personal'????

There are an interested group of teachers discussing the pros and cons of the fallout and if mods don't want to take part in the discussions that's fine, but why prevent the rest of us from doing so?

It's getting very irritating to login to find that yet again it's been closed to prevent people from having a discussion. I logged in this morning as there were a couple points I wanted to put to the regulars, can't post.

Amen to that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭Treppen

There's an off topic spat that was escalating... Apart from the other one yesterday.

Mods don't really chair the thread in real-time so when they check a thread and 2 are giving it it'll take time to either clean up and explain, deleting causes on-thread 'hey why are my posts being deleted I have a right to reply, this guy on is obviously a troll, this forum sucks' and that probably takes more time..

have strong words by pm takes even more time.

Simmer down button is probably the easiest, there's a few other hot threads on non teaching forms that I would imagine will spill into here so sets down a marker a bit.

Easier to close it.

But I suppose you can always pick a part of the thread that was on topic and start a new thread. Don't put 'trigger words' in the title that attract trolls though... I'll have a go now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Or they could just ban the troll rather than preventing teachers having discourse. Or give an on thread warning, rather than continually shutting down. That's what happens in other forums on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Or they could just ban the troll rather than preventing teachers having discourse. Or give an on thread warning, rather than continually shutting down. That's what happens in other forums on here.

Agreed.

Radio silence from the TUI, yet again another Friday bombshell with nobody available to take questions in the office. Another week of having to wait until Monday for a vague-ass staff meeting where we go round in circles and get nowhere.

This is the only place I'm getting information from or an opportunity to seek clarification. Not good for the head to continually come back to a closed thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭Treppen

On thread warning was provided but another one started from a different poster but same regular.

In fairness though there was 'given as good as was gotten' from teachers too and that wasn't going to end.

On a totally unrelated note, there's a thread on Circular Number: 0037/2020

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Treppen wrote: »
    On thread warning was provided but another one started from a different poster but same regular.

In fairness though there was 'given as good as was gotten' from teachers too and that wasn't going to end.

On a totally unrelated note, there's a thread on Circular Number: 0037/2020

24 hour ban - it's not difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Thread gets closed as too many get involved in the spat and it would result in a good few bans. Secondly this thread is effectively backseat modding folks so must be closed. WE're just trying to be fair to everyone and it's not always easy to seperate a troll from an opinionated poster.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement