Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ongoing Issue of Feral Youths Running Amok in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I believe the welfare system should be there for people who want help. You need to complete your leaving, you want to go to college or train but you need help with fees, childcare, materials, travel etc you will get it. I work with people who are desperate to improve their situation but don't have the means to do so. At the same time lazy folk who have no intention of making any improvement to their lot get the same amount and seem to be left unchecked.

I get people are frustrated by welfare but when used correctly it can benefit everyone. I wouldn't have been able to go to college and get a good job without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Legal aid will never be restricted because it pays for the Barrister's house in Chamonix.

The Gardai put far more effort into attacking the Communities Concerned About Drugs organisation than they ever have into stopping the drugs trade.

There was once a junkie called Josie Dwyer he sold heroin.
    A junkie called Alan Byrne was the state's main witness in the case against 12 TWELVE men for his death.

John Fitzpatrick who confessed all and cooperated with the police (NEVER COOPERATE WITH THE POLICE) got a SEVEN AND A HALF YEAR sentence for the manslaughter of Josie Dwyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭SoSolidFool

Legal aid will never be restricted because it pays for the Barrister's house in Chamonix.

The Gardai put far more effort into attacking the Communities Concerned About Drugs organisation than they ever have into stopping the drugs trade.

There was once a junkie called Josie Dwyer he sold heroin.
    A junkie called Alan Byrne was the state's main witness in the case against 12 TWELVE men for his death.

John Fitzpatrick who confessed all and cooperated with the police (NEVER COOPERATE WITH THE POLICE) got a SEVEN AND A HALF YEAR sentence for the manslaughter of Josie Dwyer.

I am not saying to restrict legal aid. I am proposing that the state will cover the expense initially but it will be repaid out of the accused's welfare payments over a course of months.

If committing a crime means they will have to pay for their legal fees out of their social welfare and results in a 10% reduction in their welfare payments for 5 years then they'll think twice about engaging in criminal acts. It also saves a chunk of change for the state.

Also could someone answer me this; Can you receive the dole while you are incarcerated? If so that practice needs to stopped as well.

Don't forget mothers not working getting free creche places as the are "actively seeking employment"

What a load of my bolix.

As far as I know, you have to be actually working, on a scheme or in education to get a creche place and then it's only a few hours a day so useless for anyone looking at full-time work or college. Limited places too so it's not a solution. Lack of affordable childcare is one of the biggest obstacles for a young parent getting out of welfare.

I am not saying to restrict legal aid. I am proposing that the state will cover the expense initially but it will be repaid out of their welfare payments over a course of months.

Whatever. Most of the Judges have kids who are lawyers. No criminals , no crime .No crime , no case. No case no fee. No fee no Chamonix.

I think corporal punishment would work now. It would have been irrelevant twenty years ago when all these little bastards got worse at home but now many of them will never have been beaten with a belt. It is extremely unpleasant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Shakey_jake

Set up an online petition and get the word out, politicians dont seem to give a damn at all unless pressure is put on them

Set up an online petition and get the word out, politicians dont seem to give a damn at all unless pressure is put on them

An online petition won't do it.

Nothing will happen until a Garda gets killed or some high profile innocent. Being perfectly honest i think we're not far off seeing a Gardai being killed again.

5 shootings in 5 days is crazy, gangs of teenagers running riot 3 days straight and putting victims in intensive care, former gardai being brutally assaulted.

The politicians and Gardai are on track to lose control of the city. It's going to be very hard to get things under control again.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,101 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Pkiernan wrote: »
    We are now reaping what far left policies have sown.

Unlimited free dole, unlimited suspended sentences.
    Not working? Go on, have 10 illegitimate kids. Johnny Taxpayer has you covered.
    Here's a free house next to your ma, who never worked a day I her life.

How could it be any other way?

interesting, i never knew ff and fg were far left. when did they become that?
    there will always be people who have a number of children, you will just need to get used to thaht fact.
    also there are no such thing as illegitimate kids.
    Here's some solutions.

(1) Child allowance payments are limited to 2 per family.

(2) Legal Aid is subtracted from future welfare payments

(3) Single mother allowance is scrapped (they already have child allowance)

(4) In cases where a child under 18 has been found guilty of a violent crime it will be mandatory for the victim of that crime to be compensated by the parents of that child

(5) After one year of unemployment there is a reduction in your welfare.

(6) Social housing given to the actually homeless not a scrote who decides he wants to move out of his parents house and have his own house down the road (if they want that then they can get a job like the rest of us)

(7) If you are convicted of a criminal offence there will be a 10% reduction in your social welfare payments for a period of 5 years

(8) Those able bodied and on welfare payments are put to work at least once a week doing social works such as cleaning up parks, assisting in works on public schools, delivering food to the homeless etc.

(9) Social welfare cut completely where CAB have determined that household income is supplemented by illegal activities such as drug dealing. In order to have welfare payments restarted the local Gardai and CAB must be confident that all illegal activities have stopped.

(10) Child allowance stopped for a period of a year when the child is convicted of a serious offence.

(11) Single mother allowance (if not scrapped completely) is discontinued where it is shown that the recipient has been living with a long term partner

1. would be pointless as there will always be people who have more then 2 children, children should never go without support because of our disagreement with their parents.
    2. would achieve nothing, free legal aid exists to insure access to fair justice regardless of means, rightly so.
    3. not seeing the point of this, single parents receive single parent allowence because, well, they are single, which can be more of a struggle then having 2 parents with incomes.
    4. would likely be unviable due to cost and resources. anyway, the punishment handed out by the court is the compensation, all be it i would agree punishments can be rather low all though that can be changed.
    5. would bring undue hardship upon people who are genuinely struggling to find work and who may need a bit more time to find something, for the unemployable it would do nothing anyway so as a mechanism to somehow get them to work it has failed before it could even get going.
    6. is already the case i believe.
    7. would be pointless, would probably be an incentive to commit more crime actually rather then reform.
    8. there are already people to do those jobs, if some are unwilling to work as it is, it would probably require serious resourcing to make it work which would cost.
    9. i would be surprised if that already isn't the case actually. all though if cab are aware of illegal activity then it's just as easy for them to interveen and take ill gotten gains anyway as they seem to already be doing where appropriate.
    10. would do nothing really.
    11. i believe that is already the case.
    Kids where the fathers name has been deliberately not disclosed on the childs birth cert so the father never has to pay a single cent in maintenance for their kids for their entire life. Usually said father(s) will be 'secretly' living in the same council provided house.

yeah, still no such thing as "illegitimate" kids.
    That is only one scam....there are a ball of them...all the while, young hard working families have to have two working parents forking out huge money for childcare and mortgages/rent they can barely afford and have to commute often hours a day missing out on some of the best of times with their children.

Young mothers working full time has to be the hardest position of them all...that is really difficult, the state doesn't care about women who put the child's fathers name on the birth cert!!!

But let's all carry on like nothing is wrong with that...

having to commute hours a day and pay huge rents and mortgages is down to government policy, not down to wellfare fraudsters who i think we can all agree should be dealt with.
    2 working parents, 1 effectively working to pay the child care is a choice however, if people were guaranteed to be able to get back into the work force after having a child and staying at home to raise them for a time then this may not be so much of a thing.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

Operation 'scrote cull' is a necessity at this point

I am not saying to restrict legal aid. I am proposing that the state will cover the expense initially but it will be repaid out of the accused's welfare payments over a course of months.

If committing a crime means they will have to pay for their legal fees out of their social welfare and results in a 10% reduction in their welfare payments for 5 years then they'll think twice about engaging in criminal acts. It also saves a chunk of change for the state.

Also could someone answer me this; Can you receive the dole while you are incarcerated? If so that practice needs to stopped as well.

Of course you don't get the dole while incarcerated as you aren't available for work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,101 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

If committing a crime means they will have to pay for their legal fees out of their social welfare and results in a 10% reduction in their welfare payments for 5 years then they'll think twice about engaging in criminal acts.

this is unlikely to be the case and i would suggest is just wishful thinking.
    chances are anyway they would just suplament the lost income by committing more crime.
    It also saves a chunk of change for the state.

not necessarily, see above as to why that would possibly not be so.

as far as i am aware you cannot receive wellfare while in prison.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Despite the fact that you knew exactly what he was getting at, you decided that rather than participate in the discussion this would be a good time to pull on your freshly ironed PC boxer shorts.

I'm not in the PC brigade. I just strongly disagree with dehumanization on any level. Especially children and especially with any kind of religious connotations.

Back on topic, proper jail time for repeat offenders. Also, is there juvenile detention in Ireland? Should be.

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Want a clamp down on crime and the little scrotes running riot?

It has to start at the top. There is no right wing party in Ireland. There should be. That's the problem right there.

End the welfare and softly softly approach. Ignore the outrage merchants

It isn't a right wing party that is needed it is a hard left party dedicated to the empowerment of the working class and which accepts that hooligan elements have the most significant impact on the poorest people.

The likes of Andrew Barry as adolescents were a nightmare for their neighbours ; not so much for the denizens of Dalkey and Foxrock.

iamstop wrote: »
    I'm not in the PC brigade. I just strongly disagree with dehumanization on any level. Especially children and especially with any kind of religious connotations.

Back on topic, proper jail time for repeat offenders. Also, is there juvenile detention in Ireland? Should be.

Yes there is one prison ; Oberstown , it is used for boys who are very dangerous or for boys who are dangerous and whose families encourage criminality.
    To go there you have to be
    1 a proper little criminal
    2 mentally ill
    3 a repeat offender from a family of criminals
    4 a murderer or attempted

I believe that corporal punishment in place of caution would now be effective as there are many boys even boys who think they are hard who are not routinely beaten at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

Ballso wrote: »
    Where's the right wing low crime havens then?

Utah

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sheepsh4gger

Allow normal people to carry guns in public like in the wild west. That's the only solution.
    If you ban guns then only gangsters will have them.
    If you allow guns then the thugs are afraid to jump people because say a woman can carry a revolver in her purse.
    The great thing about firearms is that you don't need to have skill to use them. It's a great equalizer.
    I do a lot of 3D printing and can imagine in future people getting powder-based printers with a laser micro-welding them guns layer by layer.

Allow normal people to carry guns in public like in the wild west. That's the only solution.
    If you ban guns then only gangsters will have them.
    If you allow guns then the thugs are afraid to jump people because say a woman can carry a revolver in her purse.
    The great thing about firearms is that you don't need to have skill to use them. It's a great equalizer.
    I do a lot of 3D printing and can imagine in future people getting powder-based printers with a laser micro-welding them guns layer by layer.

Guns were not banned because of crime. Guns were banned because of the Russian Revolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sheepsh4gger

Guns were not banned because of crime. Guns were banned because of the Russian Revolution.
    To protect government from its people.
    We need a ghost gunner neighborhood patrol. You can make guns from ABS plastic using your average FDM printer but they can only fire maybe 2 shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Mao tse tung had what in common?

Each was a single mother, but because of SJWs you can't call them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Odhinn wrote: »
    Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Mao tse tung had what in common?

Each was a single mother

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

eviltwin wrote: »
    As far as I know, you have to be actually working, on a scheme or in education to get a creche place and then it's only a few hours a day so useless for anyone looking at full-time work or college. Limited places too so it's not a solution. Lack of affordable childcare is one of the biggest obstacles for a young parent getting out of welfare.

"scheme"

Poxy fas course or something probably to keep the social off their backs for a while.

Then back to their handout lifestyle without interference.

"scheme"

Poxy fas course or something probably to keep the social off their backs for a while.

Then back to their handout lifestyle without interference.

So when people go out to do a course or work placement you're complaining. If they do nothing you complain. Tell me, what should single parents do?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Gas, I was going to start a thread on this earlier.
    We simply don't have a police force to deal with this kind of thing, our police are absolutely pathetic. And the state of them. I have zero respect for them anyway, when I was a teenager, hanging around the mean streets of Killester ffs, we would get stopped all the time, and searched. We were kids in Metallica t-shirts, they had no reason to bother us, they're just too f*cking afraid to tackle the real problems where the scumbags actually live.
    So it's only going to get worse.
    I don't know why we have such an underclass of scumbags here. My theory is that it's some kind of passed on intergenerational trauma from times of impoverished persecuted past, that creates all these angry thugs.
    I have never seen the likes of it in any other developed country, maybe a little in the UK, but in what other developed country do beaches turn into riots on a sunny day?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭tastyt

Yes the guards are piss poor and afraid to tackle the issues but there’s a reason for it. They are snookered.

If I was a cop there is nothing I’d like better than to go out in a few jeeps like a swat team to these areas and batter the **** out of all these scrotes but imagine the consequences in the media and the bleeding hearts.

Guards are literally coming to a gunfight with a ****ing baton, it’s pathetic. A few armed units is not enough, if criminals or youths don’t fear or respect the guards then you simply have no chance of them respecting the wider community

New prisons need to be built ASAP as there is currently nowhere to put these nackers anyway. Take legal aid payment from their dole or parents . It should also be made illegal to record a guard on your phone, they are afraid of their lives to move with 10 phones out recording every move .

It’s an absolute scourge on the country to be honest, dealers in every town, scrotes running amok, travellers doing whatever they want and the cops and media more ****ing interested in your tax and insurance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Was in the circle K garage the other day just over the bridge at Ballybough/Fairview. A gang of these little cnuts on their bikes arrived probably from the flats as you see them around a fair bit roaming in packs.

One of these little cnuts comes in and proceeds to help himself to bars and drinks and then walks out the door laughing as the shopkeeper shouted at him to pay. Honestly felt like thumping him myself but not worth the risk in the current environment.

Astounding lack of giving a **** was on show.

I think Spanish policing style is the way to go. Tooled up bulked up cops who are certainly not afraid of the PC brigade and will knock 7 shades of ****e out of these scrotes. The Guards style is simply not respected.

We do not have a police force that is up to task, the whole thing needs to be overhauled.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Shakey_jake

We simply don't have a police force to deal with this kind of thing, our police are absolutely pathetic. And the state of them. I have zero respect for them anyway, when I was a teenager, hanging around the mean streets of Killester ffs, we would get stopped all the time, and searched. We were kids in Metallica t-shirts, they had no reason to bother us, they're just too f*cking afraid to tackle the real problems where the scumbags actually live.
    I don't know why we have such an underclass of scumbags here. My theory is that it's some kind of passed on intergenerational trauma from times of impoverished persecuted past, that creates all these angry thugs.
    I have never seen the likes of it in any other developed country, maybe a little in the UK, but in what other developed country do beaches turn into riots on a sunny day?

That's it though, cops searching me and my mates for no reason at all, ends up pulling out my mates braces retainer.

Had my name taken on wexford street for kissing a girl down a lane way, two of them quizzing me like you couldn't make it up!!

Also where did all these garda appear from in the last month or so??

Cant find one when you need one usually

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Was in the circle K garage the other day just over the bridge at Ballybough/Fairview. A gang of these little cnuts on their bikes arrived probably from the flats as you see them around a fair bit roaming in packs.

One of these little cnuts comes in and proceeds to help himself to bars and drinks and then walks out the door laughing as the shopkeeper shouted at him to pay. Honestly felt like thumping him myself but not worth the risk in the current environment.

Astounding lack of giving a **** was on show.

Yeah there are bike gangs all over North Dublin at the moment, how did that happen

Your spot on. Another thing I will never understand how junkies can openly deal on our main city centre street with guards literally metres away. Here they are openly dealing class A drugs and the guards don't touch them.

• Advertisement

That's it though, cops searching me and my mates for no reason at all, ends up pulling out my mates braces retainer.

Had my name taken on wexford street for kissing a girl down a lane way, two of them quizzing me like you couldn't make it up!!

Also where did all these garda appear from in the last month or so??

Cant find one when you need one usually

Yep, sometimes we would be roughed up by them, mid 90s, my mate got a few slaps once in front of us all. We were all just teenagers hanging around, not even up to no good. They're a bunch of pussies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement