Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gear grease for cleaning power tools

Options
  • 22-05-2020 1:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

what is gear grease for cleaning a garden trimmer blades? I googled but done see any in Ireland. i am not sure what I am looking for.

Would WD40 do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

You’ll get tubes of grease in a motor factors.

For trimmer blades I’d clean them with the WD40 and then coat them lightly in some engine oil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭80j2lc5y7u6qs9

_Brian wrote: »
    You’ll get tubes of grease in a motor factors.

For trimmer blades I’d clean them with the WD40 and then coat them lightly in some engine oil.
    Do you mean engine oil as you would put on a petrol mower engine. I have some but i do not remember the name of it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

No, I’d use oil that you put in the engine of your car, I keep some on an oil can for jobs like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

For items that will be stored for a while I use white spray grease like this https://www.thevisorshop.com/en/ie/WD40-White-Lithium-Grease-Spray-250ml . I use White Lithium grease but prefer White Calcium grease (you can get both in a spray) however get the Calcium grease in the UK and don't think its readily available here. Actually don't think there is much to choose between them.

Advertisement