Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cohabiting Couple on Jobseekers query

• 22-05-2020 1:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭

Basic enough one but my local office won't answer me (they replied by e-mail) because I'm inquiring on behalf of someone else & their partner.

So neither have any assets or liabilities or savings or capital etc.

Only income is the €203 Payment they receive on JA; they currently live separately but want to co-habit (it'd be a property share most likely in case it makes any difference to calculations; doubt it does though?).

What amount, per person, might they lose?

He already lives there, she, in theory anyway for claiming purposes, lives at home with parents.

Both're 25+ & have no dependants.

Do they both still qualify for €406 (€203 x 2) and if not which of them has to take a financial hit and how much is it.

I tried Citizens Information, DEASP, Intreo locally & Nationally on this before posting; it's a basic enough query, I didn't breach GDPR in that I didn't name either individual but they still couldn't or wouldn't give me an answer.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭ttsnar

€203 Claiment & €147 Adult Dependent. They will receive €175 each if cohabiting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

ttsnar wrote: »
    €203 Claiment & €147 Adult Dependent. They will receive €175 each if cohabiting.

Spot on. I wonder will the €147 stay or will it revert to €134.70?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

splinter65 wrote: »
    Spot on. I wonder will the €147 stay or will it revert to €134.70?

Excuse my ignorance but why would it change back to €134.70?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Excuse my ignorance but why would it change back to €134.70?

It was increased from €134.70 to €147 suddenly following the lockdown. I expect it to go back to the original figure at some stage. That would make the payment to a couple on JSA with no children €168.85 each per week.

Advertisement