Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing/Transferring administrator of an account

Options
  • 22-05-2020 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, I'm looking to find out what is involved / required in order to change/transfer the name and contact details of the administrator of a group/community bank account (local GAA club)? I have been elected the new treasurer of the club and need to get myself set-up as the administrator of the club account, replacing the old treasurer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Wanderer19

Hi, I'm looking to find out what is involved / required in order to change/transfer the name and contact details of the administrator of a group/community bank account (local GAA club)? I have been elected the new treasurer of the club and need to get myself set-up as the administrator of the club account, replacing the old treasurer.
    Write a letter to the bank asking them to remove the info of the last admin and list you as a contact and also have the letter give you authorisation to query the account. - this will need to be signed by the account signatories.

If you will be a signatory you will need a new mandate, so ask for one of them as well.

If you've any questions feel free to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cormacrudden

I have received a form called the following from the old Treasurer "Amendment Form for Existing Accounts for Corporate and Unincorporated Bodies* - Account Operation, Signatories and Signing Instructions". Will this do everything I need it to do?
    i.e. Make me main account contact/administrator.
    Do I still need to write a letter to the bank to request them to remove the info of the last admin, list me as a contact and provide me with authorisation to query the account (along with the form listed above)?
    Secondly, can this be completed by visiting the branch, rather than posting? The reason I ask is Do I need to provide identification to the bank? I have never banked with BoI before.
    If this can be done in the bank, how long does it take to process? Is it effective immediately?

I have received a form called the following from the old Treasurer "Amendment Form for Existing Accounts for Corporate and Unincorporated Bodies* - Account Operation, Signatories and Signing Instructions". Will this do everything I need it to do?
    i.e. Make me main account contact/administrator.
    Do I still need to write a letter to the bank to request them to remove the info of the last admin, list me as a contact and provide me with authorisation to query the account (along with the form listed above)?
    Secondly, can this be completed by visiting the branch, rather than posting? The reason I ask is Do I need to provide identification to the bank? I have never banked with BoI before.
    If this can be done in the bank, how long does it take to process? Is it effective immediately?
    It should do, but I'd also write the letter to avoid confusion.

You will need to provide photo of, and proof of address to the bank, as a new signatory.

As there should be other signatories it's unlikely you could complete the form in the bank.

It will take a few days to sort out once the bank receives the forms.

Ok, thanks. Final question. You mention above that the letter needs to be signed by the account signatories.

At the moment there are 2 signatories on the account (A and B)
    I have filled out the form listed above and it requests to list all signatories going forward. There will be 4 signatories going forward (B, C, D & E). These 4 have already signed the form but I have not submitted to the bank yet. One of these 4 signatories is one of the two who are currently on the account (B). The other (A) is the treasurer that I am replacing and the main contact on the account. 
    If I submit the form and the letter at the same time, who needs to sign the letter:

1. The current 2 signatories on the account (A and B)
    2. The 4 signatories going forward (B, C, D & E)
    3. All signatories - current and future - regardless of whether they will be a signatory going forward (A, B, C, D & E)

Hopefully my question is clear??

Ok, thanks. Final question. You mention above that the letter needs to be signed by the account signatories.

At the moment there are 2 signatories on the account (A and B)
    I have filled out the form listed above and it requests to list all signatories going forward. There will be 4 signatories going forward (B, C, D & E). These 4 have already signed the form but I have not submitted to the bank yet. One of these 4 signatories is one of the two who are currently on the account (B). The other (A) is the treasurer that I am replacing and the main contact on the account. 
    If I submit the form and the letter at the same time, who needs to sign the letter:

1. The current 2 signatories on the account (A and B)
    2. The 4 signatories going forward (B, C, D & E)
    3. All signatories - current and future - regardless of whether they will be a signatory going forward (A, B, C, D & E)

Hopefully my question is clear??
    If the application is already  signed, send the letter with the application,  signed by the two original signatories.

Also, payments should be authorised by at least 2 people, to protect everyone.

• Advertisement

Ok, many thanks. 
    Yes, we have ticked the box to say that 2 signatures of any of the 4 Authorised Signatories is required for payments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Hi cormacrudden,

Thanks for getting in touch with us on boards and apologies about the delay in responding to you.

If the signatories is being updated on the account a new mandate will need to be completed and signed by all signatories on the account. It may be necessary for all signatories to provide proof of address and photo ID to the branch. 

We hope this helps.

Thanks Jen 

Advertisement