Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting the run-around about a refund

• 22-05-2020 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

Any tips what to do here?

Ordered an item on Monday. She charged my card over the phone despite raising a query with the final fee to which she said she's phone me back.

When she phoned me back she said it's gone through and she'd refund the money owed - about 30 quid.

Friday no sign of it. Politely asked if had been processed - given a firm response over the phone is not their problem now. :confused:

Worth chasing 30 quid I think.:o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

Play them at their own game.

Do a chargeback as payment over the phone does not have a sig agreeing to it. They will then have to justify it to the bank, they cannot and your money is returned.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭SwordofLight

Play them at their own game.

Do a chargeback as payment over the phone does not have a sig agreeing to it. They will then have to justify it to the bank, they cannot and your money is returned.

So I phone my bank and ask for part of the money to be refunded?

Is there a time limit? I was going to give them until next week for the money to show in my account, maybe I'm being too kind

So I phone my bank and ask for part of the money to be refunded?

Is there a time limit? I was going to give them until next week for the money to show in my account, maybe I'm being too kind

Tell them it is unauthorised so need to do a chargeback. That will be sufficient.

Of course, refuse delivery if it does appear, as it is not what you agreed to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,636 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Any tips what to do here?

Ordered an item on Monday. She charged my card over the phone despite raising a query with the final fee to which she said she's phone me back.

When she phoned me back she said it's gone through and she'd refund the money owed - about 30 quid.

Friday no sign of it. Politely asked if had been processed - given a firm response over the phone is not their problem now. :confused:

Worth chasing 30 quid I think.:o

Probably not their problem , might be banks being slow processing it

• Advertisement
Advertisement