Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS Teams

Options
  • 22-05-2020 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭

Quick question in relation to microsoft teams, have to be available for a video call next week, I do not have a webcam however.

Can I use the camera on my android instead? I have the actual meeting invite and an MS team account (downloaded the app in advance).

When I click into the invite "join microsoft teams meeting" in the invitation email on my phone it takes me to a dark screen where it looks like its trying to connect, it gives me option to unmute the call, but there is no option for the camera.

I just don't want to join the call next week and not have option of turning my camera on. Is there anyway I can test this? Does the camera option only appear when the person who sends the invite is actually on the call aswell?

Apologies if this is a really stupid question

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Quick question in relation to microsoft teams, have to be available for a video call next week, I do not have a webcam however.

Can I use the camera on my android instead? I have the actual meeting invite and an MS team account (downloaded the app in advance).

When I click into the invite "join microsoft teams meeting" in the invitation email on my phone it takes me to a dark screen where it looks like its trying to connect, it gives me option to unmute the call, but there is no option for the camera.

I just don't want to join the call next week and not have option of turning my camera on. Is there anyway I can test this? Does the camera option only appear when the person who sends the invite is actually on the call aswell?

Apologies if this is a really stupid question

If you have an android phone you can probably use the droidcam app. If a camera is detected then the icon to enable it should appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

DopeTech wrote: »
    If you have an android phone you can probably use the droidcam app

Will the cam on the phone not work itself? I have a feeling the camera option only appears when the person sending the invitation comes on the line themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I have the Teams app on my phone, videocalls are absolutely fine with it. The choice is yours re. Video or voice call.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Will the cam on the phone not work itself? I have a feeling the camera option only appears when the person sending the invitation comes on the line themselves

Sorry I thought you wanted to do it via the laptop, yes teams on your phone should work fine.

Advertisement