Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email been received as spam

Options
  • 22-05-2020 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

Any emails sent by my eircom account, are been received as spam. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sheepsh4gger

No because Eircom sucks. I highly doubt they implemented encryption and sender authentication.

Basically in the 90s you could send email that someone can capture and read over the network, the 'from' field was something you could make up like "ceo@microsoft.com". People were falling for all kinds of scams and finally the industry came up with ways to fix this stuff but lazy providers never implemented the measures.

Without sender authentication there is no way to tell if the email address you're sending from actually belongs to you therefore mail gets marked as spam.

Advertisement