Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boardsies Decide... TV's Greatest Drama Character

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Omar Little
    Everything he did and everything he said was awesome, especially the courthouse scene

Omar - The way he beat that slimy Lawyer up in the courtroom was mint :D

Have also never seen the other show but, for me that's no reason not to vote :)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭jimmymack

Another vote for Ted, Adrian Dunbar did a great job with him, definitely the highlight of Line of Duty for me

Omar - The way he beat that slimy Lawyer up in the courtroom was mint :D

Have also never seen the other show but, for me that's no reason not to vote :)

Hey, you at least saw one of them and aren't voting for büll**** reasons :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Stu, I love your username, recently reread The Stand and every time you post I think of the character. Not totally OT Necro as they are making a tv series of it, maybe the Stu character we will make it into this next time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭Yester

Ted, great man to sort out bent coppers.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,319 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ted Hastings bangs up Omar with a 6-4 victory. Colour me shocked with that result tbh

Match 6

Does Special Agent Cooper have the smarts to outwit the Trinity Killer in this next match?

Arthur Mitchell aka The Trinity Killer - Dexter

latest?cb=20180727093126

VS

Special Agent Dale Cooper - Twin Peaks

250px-Agentdalecooper.jpg

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Trinity killer for me, great acting, great storyline before they ruined the show. Out and out looper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Another match where I love both characters, would be happy to see either progress, but gonna go with Special Agent Dale Cooper here, an absolute joy to watch

• Advertisement

In a show full of stone cold killers it's hard to be the standout cold stone killer, vote arthur

Also had the good grace not to become a lumberjack

Trinity. It was def the best season of Dexter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,995 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Vestiapx wrote: »
    The most overrated show and it's most overrated lead. It shows that dying young can be a blessing.

th?id=OIP.BDIfm864qh9px06j_dAXHgAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&w=223&h=160

Dale Cooper
    I think he might be a nicer person, plus i love twin peaks

Can't believe Omar is gone already, i need to watch Line of Duty

Trinity Killer more for the excellent actor John Lithgow

:Never seen either show so will abstain

PS - If one had to have seen every/both shows in the matchups this comp would run until
    Christmas or gotten lost in the boards ether imo :o

Trinity leads 4-2 here currently.

Next match will be the last one of the night folks.

pc7 wrote: »
    Stu, I love your username, recently reread The Stand and every time you post I think of the character. Not totally OT Necro as they are making a tv series of it, maybe the Stu character we will make it into this next time ;)

Thanks PC, I love it too :D I had just finished reading The Stand for the first time and also didn't like my Boards username which was chosen in 2009 when I didn't think I'd be on the site for 10+ years.

Poor Stu got knocked out in an earlier round here. Hopefully the new TV series of The Stand is good, I believe James Marsden got the Stu role.

• Advertisement

Hey, you at least saw one of them and aren't voting for büll**** reasons :D

Ta Stu.. Very amiable folk here :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,836 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I'll vote Trinity. Move things along. Better character.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,947 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Dale Cooper/ Dougie please. Lost his mind and still loved the coffee :D

340?cb=20170530062617

Ta Stu.. Very amiable folk here :D

Yes we do spoil each other in here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Cooper. An all-American hero.

For Coop fans. There is an excellent autobiography book by him, it's a transcript of his recording from the time he was a child up until he arrives at Twin Peaks. It fills in a lot of backstory from series 1 and 2.
    It's out of print but you can download it in PDF form here
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjP6M3rg9rpAhVpURUIHb9lDesQFjAAegQIBRAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.glastonberrygrove.net%2Ftexts%2Fdalecooper.pdf&usg=AOvVaw0Do7FMyExVtiU6IMSZUK2J

Trinity leads 5-4 with under 10 mins to run...

• Advertisement

And Agent Cooper falls to Trinity's hammer, Arthur Mitchell progresses as the time limit expires.

Match 7

The notorious lumber.... errr I mean serial killer takes on the survivalist in our final battle of the night

Dexter Morgan - Dexter

200px-Dexter_Morgan.jpg

VS

John Locke (LOST)

220px-LockeLost.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

John Locke a much more iconic character

John locke, dexter is dead to me

Locke
    Better character in a better show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,640 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

John Locke, dexter went to shìt!

Dexter a well organised clean killer

ABSTAIN

Dexter - from my limited viewing he was very skilled at his craft - but don't know enough about him or the show

The other guy - could never get into the show cos I thought it was crap, but he might have been a good character - looks like a cool foo care all the same

so:

No vote here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Vestiapx

ABSTAIN

Dexter - from my limited viewing he was very skilled at his craft - but don't know enough about him or the show

The other guy - could never get into the show cos I thought it was crap, but he might have been a good character - looks like a cool foo care all the same

so:

No vote here

I agree, none of the above. Between the lumberjack and the heaven defence I can't vote for either. Both started strong and are now dead to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

Ted Hastings beat Omar little?

Don't get me wrong, ted is one of my favourite characters of recent times.... But..... But.... But.....

Omars going.... Omars going.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Vestiapx

eldamo wrote: »
    Ted Hastings beat Omar little?

Don't get me wrong, ted is one of my favourite characters of recent times.... But..... But.... But.....

Omars going.... Omars going.....

Omar

I've only seen the first 4 seasons of Dexter and it was still great then. So Dexter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

John Locke, the guy was in a wheelchair for life and started walking again!

John Locke has enough to overcome Dexter and advance to the last 16.

Back at 11am again tomorrow folks and we should get through Round 3 at the very least :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Vestiapx wrote: »
    The most overrated show and it's most overrated lead. It shows that dying young can be a blessing.

Actually, you're somewhat right. Not about it being overrated show or lead. But about how dying young can be a blessing. I don't think the show would be held in such a high esteem if it did continue for four or five or more series. Would they have managed to sustain the charm and innovation of the first series, or would it have got stale? We'll never know.

I liked Firefly, but didn't care much for Serenity*, so for me that might indicate that it would have gone stale.

*Though for full disclosure, I saw Serenity first and hadn't a fupping clue what was going on. I might I have liked it better if I saw them in the right order. :D

• Advertisement

Frightening to think that some of ye decide who enters Dáil Éireann.

Kicking off in about an hour. 9 matches left to get through for Round 3, then we will have our last 16!!

Match 8

HBO showdown here to kick us off today.

Detective Jimmy McNulty - The Wire

360?cb=20070912201834

VS

Jaime Lannister - Game of Thrones

220px-Jaime_Lannister-Nikolaj_Coster-Waldau.jpg

Jaime Lannister as he was the best character in Game Of Thrones, whereas McNulty probably wouldn't even be in my Top 10 characters from The Wire, even though he's still great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Tough one but I'll go for Jaime as there was more depth to his character.

Jaime Lannister - pretty much the only worthwhile character to follow at the end of Game of Thrones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,640 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Jimmy as a protest vote because Jamie already had his day in the sun and lost

Pass, haven’t seen either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,836 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Jamie, the Wire has too many fan boys in here. And he was a redeemable sort of way

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Advertisement

Jaime Lannister takes down our final Wire character to advance 4-1

Advertisement