Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

shed office containing oil boiler

• 22-05-2020 5:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭

Hi,

buying a house with a cavity block shed. I hope to convert it into a part workshop / part small office. But before I get into the details of the conversion, I just want to check if the oil boiler in the corner of the shed could be a health hazard

It is venting through the wall, and I feel I could build my office around it, partition it away from the office part, but I will stil be sharing the same air etc.

Would a carbon monoxide alarm, and carbon dioxide monitor be enough? I know there are other air quality sensors too like VOCs, PM2.5 and PM10 dust etc. Is that as far as I need to go? Or is it a bad idea without moving or sealing the boiler away somehow?

Thanks.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

A CO alarm would suffice, and make sure the appliance is serviced and checked every year by an Oftec Technician

If the boiler is an older non-condensing appliance, why not consider upgrading, and purchasing a more efficient morden appliance (and outdoor model) if concerned, and shift to other side of the wall outside (where the flue currently comes out)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭mcbert

Thanks. It's a Grant Euroflame Condensing Oil 70 - 90. I never really considered moving while upgrading. What would a modern outdoor unit cost me? Although the oil tank is on the outer side of the wall, might be in the way...

Advertisement