Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card in credit

Options
  • 22-05-2020 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Due to a reimbursement of on a transaction I made some time ago on my credit card, it is in credit. Is there a way of transferring the extra funds to my current account?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Lost bag wrote: »
    Due to a reimbursement of on a transaction I made some time ago on my credit card, it is in credit. Is there a way of transferring the extra funds to my current account?
    No is the short answer. You can rake it out in cash using the credit card, but you'll have to pay a cash advance fee

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Ally Dick wrote: »
    No is the short answer. You can rake it out in cash using the credit card, but you'll have to pay a cash advance fee

Not when using a card that's in credit.

https://www.bankofireland.com/help-centre/faq/cash-advance-fees-withdrawing-cash-credit-card/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

You can transfer to a Revolut card and follow on by then transferring to your current or any other linked account via revolut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Lost bag wrote: »
    Hi there, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. 

Once the credit card is in credit there is no way to transfer this to your current account. It is possible to make a withdrawal using the credit card at an ATM however a cash advance fee will be applied for this.

We hope this helps.

Thanks Jen 

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

You can transfer to a Revolut card and follow on by then transferring to your current or any other linked account via revolut

This is the best way and costs nothing.

You can transfer to any bank account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Lost bag

Thanks everyone for replying, the Revolut option was the best option for me. Job done!!

Advertisement