Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who are the heroes and villains of this, so far, in your opinion?

Options
  • 22-05-2020 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭

The heroes. Very easy and obvious ones here
    • HSE workers, especially those working Covid wards (you could have offered me 5 grand a week to do their job in the last two months and I'd have said no)
    • Retail staff
    • Bus drivers (29 have died from it in London)

The villains

• Ivan "Lift the bloody restrictions!" Yates. Whatever happened to unbiased journalism for matters like this?
    • The knuckle draggers queuing an hour for a McDonalds this week. Not exactly an essential journey
    • People who generally haven't bothered to educate themselves with even the basics of this, like the R0 number and it's importance. These are the most dangerous of kind of people during this. The ignorant ones

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Villian = Tony, the bastard shouldn't be even in a job with his track record.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

FG/Dept of Health and HSE for their handling of nursing homes/ testing/ equipment and childcare for affected workers deserve the naughty step.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Villian = Tony, the bastard shouldn't be even in a job with his track record.

Give us a hero too. Can't have the thread all negative ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,351 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Villains - ordinary people who believe they dont have it and wont make a difference and go about mixing with extended family daily.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Villains for me are moralising pain in the arse types “lives are more important than the economy” etc. I’m sure I don’t have to spell it out any further

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,370 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I think we need to wait til the end is in sight and all factors can be considered before a real evaluation is made

noodler wrote: »
    I think we need to wait til the end is in sight and all factors can be considered before a real evaluation is made

You'd make a great politician ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭TheBeach

Heroes :the civil servants for getting the covid payments sorted promptly. It didn't happen by magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

When it comes to decisions made, there'll be a lot more than fifty shades of grey to consider rather than the black and white of pure villainy or heroism. We're all in the dark at the moment and I'm sure most people are trying to do their best in difficult circumstances.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    The heroes. Very easy and obvious ones here
    • HSE workers, especially those working Covid wards (you could have offered me 5 grand a week to do their job in the last two months and I'd have said no)
    • Retail staff
    • Bus drivers (29 have died from it in London)

The villains

• Ivan "Lift the bloody restrictions!" Yates. Whatever happened to unbiased journalism for matters like this?
    • The knuckle draggers queuing an hour for a McDonalds this week. Not exactly an essential journey
    • People who generally haven't bothered to educate themselves with even the basics of this, like the R0 number and it's importance. These are the most dangerous of kind of people during this. The ignorant ones

You say hse staff, I’m one but people are already calling for us to have a wage cut, even though most of us are under the average wage, thanks for nothing, I haven’t missed a single day and have had to isolate from all my family.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

Villians - The usual suspects refusing to behave like the rest of the population

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/543877/mass-gathering-at-burial-an-insult-to-the-rest-of-us-td.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

The only villain for me is China.

The hero's are all around us some more obvious than others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭moonlighting_1

C**ts who went to cheltenham

You say hse staff, I’m one but people are already calling for us to have a wage cut, even though most of us are under the average wage, thanks for nothing, I haven’t missed a single day and have had to isolate from all my family.

There are 112k people in the HSE at end 2019 so if be wary of lumping everyone in with ICU nurses who have had the hardest time a month ago.

Wage cuts would be a caused by the fiscal situation rather than your immaculate work attendance in fairness.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

Villains - China government

Heroes - whistle blowers china

• Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭Mike3287

Villains - Travellers

Heroes - Everyone else

noodler wrote: »
    There are 112k people in the HSE at end 2019 so if be wary of lumping everyone in with ICU nurses who have had the hardest time a month ago.

Wage cuts would be a caused by the fiscal situation rather than your immaculate work attendance in fairness.

Very small minded view, to get a nurse recruited to the hse, and then paid takes so much administration it’s not funny, then all the items required for them to save lives.
    But hey I’m sure you’ve had a great time at home on your soapbox

• Registered Users Posts: 15,547 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

The main Villian is the CCP

So many heroes

The doctors and nurses and everyone in the Irish health services are the main ones

The only villain for me is China.

I forgot to mention in my OP the biggest villain of them all

So many fcuking lies

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Heroes carers on 12 Euro an hour

Villains the mass murderers who unleashed this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,677 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Villians - CPC, Trump

Heroes - Kermit

You all know it's true :pac:

Beasty honorable mention

Local everyday people buying food for elderly neighbours is such a nice thing to do

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

Pre covid lingering trade war China and US then this, appears from China you'd wonder

mean gene wrote: »
    Pre covid lingering trade war China and US then this, appears from China you'd wonder

I was thinking that at the start of this myself. But the most my conspiratorial mind will allow is "Maybe it accidentally escaped from a lab. Maybe"

Very small minded view, to get a nurse recruited to the hse, and then paid takes so much administration it’s not funny, then all the items required for them to save lives.
    But hey I’m sure you’ve had a great time at home on your soapbox

Could you maybe post that agin in different words?

Am I reading you right that you want to be held in the same regard as an ICU nurse because you are involved in HSE admin?

All I said was I would hold ICU nurses in particular regard. Plenty of admin workers have kept working through this, and fair play to them of course, but you shouldn't take it as a slight if people differentiate HSE admin from HSE ICU Nurses.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭All that fandango

Villain - Ronald McDonald

• Registered Users Posts: 16,202 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

road_high wrote: »
    Villains for me are moralising pain in the arse types “lives are more important than the economy” etc. I’m sure I don’t have to spell it out any further

Is the economy more important than yours?

You would be ok taking one for the team them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

road_high wrote: »

Jesus, your are one sad bastxxd ,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

History will not remember kindly those in power who sat on their hands and watched, in slow motion, as this virus travel around the world on airplanes.
    The biggest vilians in the coronavirus story are those people who had the power to close down airports, but didn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Villains world: China, Trump and co,
    Villains Ireland, Michael Martin and Coveney, one using crisis to get himself in the top job, the other sneaking in the shadows instigating for big business.

Heroes : all those every where who did their best

Advertisement