Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printer that does this...

Options
  • 22-05-2020 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Anyone know of a printer that can do this.

I have a double-sided printer which basically just prints the 2nd print job on the reverse side. That's not what I want.

What I want is to have a file that always prints on the reverse side.
    So, let's say I need to print 100 invoices for customers.
    I want the printer to do that but on that reverse side of each invoice I want it to print my offers.

Currently, I have to print my offers on the back then load that paper the other way round when I print my invoices. This takes a lot of time, it also means I have to do it in batches and can't change my offers until the next batch and it makes no use of my printer's double-sided facility.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

I'm not an expert, bit sounds like a software requirement rather than a printer issue.
    If you could merge the documents and/or rearrange the pages in correct order before printing it should work.
    Have a look at foxit, or other pdf editors in sure some have this functionality.

Might be useful:
    https://deftpdf.com/alternate-mix-pdf

I'm assuming you have a 100 page doc that is good your invoices and another that is all your offers.
    If that's not the case then I think you just need to work on the order you print, or as said combine each invoice and offer into a single 2 page doc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

just have your offers as page 2 (or page 1) of the document and and select print both sides?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭roots2branches

Mmm, I don't think that is possible as the print job is created from my customer software. I just print out the invoices daily, there's no way to edit that file I don't think.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

Maybe I’m missing the point, but would you consider printing your offers and then adding the pages back into the printer the other way round and only printing single sided?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Mmm, I don't think that is possible as the print job is created from my customer software. I just print out the invoices daily, there's no way to edit that file I don't think.

Cheapest way will be to get a local commercial printer (e.g. snap or similar) to run off a couple of thousand sheets with the brand info on one side, load them into your printer blank side up and print

• Advertisement

Pete123456 wrote: »
    Maybe I’m missing the point, but would you consider printing your offers and then adding the pages back into the printer the other way round and only printing single sided?

Yeah that's what I currently do but I have to do them in batches. So say I do 500 of them, I then can't change the offers until the next batch. I also takes ages.

Cheapest way will be to get a local commercial printer (e.g. snap or similar) to run off a couple of thousand sheets with the brand info on one side, load them into your printer blank side up and print

Again, I need to change the offers weekly, that won't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

Yeah that's what I currently do but I have to do them in batches. So say I do 500 of them, I then can't change the offers until the next batch. I also takes ages.

And are you certain there is no way to just export the invoice to pdf and tack on the second page? This would likely also add a few steps though and if you had a large volume it may not be a runner.

Is other invoicing software an option?

Pete123456 wrote: »
    And are you certain there is no way to just export the invoice to pdf and tack on the second page? This would likely also add a few steps though and if you had a large volume it may not be a runner.

Is other invoicing software an option?

I'll have a look, I think it creates a pdf print job in chrome. So I guess I save that and upload it to that extension. It is a bit of a faff though.

You'd think it would be possible at the printer side to just ref a file to print on the reverse everytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

could you not print a load of pages with your weekly offer at the start of the week flip the paper and use it to print your invoices as you go?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭NSAman

If you have a double sided printer, why would you not just use a page 2 to print your offers on page two, invoice on page 1 and then choose "double sided print" when printing???

If you are using invoicing software that should allow you to create invoicing also..... doesn't sound like a massive deal to be honest??? Unless I am missing something???

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

You need a printer with a duplexer to print both sides in one go. It shuffles the paper around so it will be a bit slower than printing two single pages.

You get them with big laser printers.

Or if the only thing on the back is offers then just load your printer with preprinted ones.

If you want some pages with or without then the middle ground is a printer with two different feeds one for the preprinted stuff, so two trays or some lasers can take from a tray and a manual feed at the back.

Advertisement