Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PPE for travelling?

Options
  • 23-05-2020 2:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

I need to travel soon for essential reasons which I am not at all looking forward to.

I will be needing to get on a bus for a few hours, go through Dublin airport, spend a few hours there, get on a flight and come through an airport the other side and then do it all again on the way back.

How can I best protect myself when having to do this trip?

I know it might seem a bit OTT and overkill, but I'm in a high risk category and would like to do all I can to minimise my chances of contracting and spreading the virus.

Could anyone on here please recommend any suitable masks, visors or outer wear protective clothing, like a zip up plastic overall suit I could wear and take off when I reach the other side?

Perhaps something disposable?

I've been looking online but most things I can think of appear to be sold out or wouldn't arrive in time, plus I don't even really know what to Google when for comes to the name for some sort of overall outer wear apparatus?

I'm hoping some of you knowledgeable folk on this forum may be able to help best advise me.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭makeandcreate

Outer wear apparatus? Try the local army surplus stores if you want to look like you came from Z for Zachariah - actually I did see white nylon thin looking overalls in the window as well. I am immuno compromised and had to wear masks before this and know the actual plane journey offers the most potential risk. Also the bus journey - travel off peak even if you get to the airport early.
    I think the actual airport at both ends is low risk at the moment, probably more people going through Lidl on a Friday.
    Safe travels - bring hand sanitiser/wash hands and just keep away from people were possible.

Advertisement