If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Add stereo amp to receiver

Options
  • 23-05-2020 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I’m using a Denon AVR-1910 receiver for AV and stereo sound. Thinking of adding a separate stereo amp for music. One that could connect to the pre-out of the Denon. Wondering what my options would be to give me a boost in sound quality without breaking the bank? Open to ex-demo, open box options if you have anything. Speakers are Monitor Audio RS8s

Edit.... Re-reading the Denon manual and I don’t think this is an option for me

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

vinniemac wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I’m using a Denon AVR-1910 receiver for AV and stereo sound. Thinking of adding a separate stereo amp for music. One that could connect to the pre-out of the Denon. Wondering what my options would be to give me a boost in sound quality without breaking the bank? Open to ex-demo, open box options if you have anything. Speakers are Monitor Audio RS8s
    Hi vinniemac,

If you're looking for a good amp that will drive a pair of RS8s and give you a noticeable difference in sound quality I would recommend one of the Cambridge Audio amps.

My first choice would be the CXA61 at £749/899 euro. It's one of the best mid range amps before going to the CXA81 at £999!

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204388-cambridge-audio-cxa61-lunar-grey-stereo-amplifier.aspx

Below this I would recommend the Cambridge AXR100 at £449/499 euro. At 100 Watts per channel it is a great sounding, powerful amp however it doesn't use the toroidal power transformers that the CX series uses so wouldn't give quite the clarity and soundstage of the CXA61!

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204232-cambridge-audio-axr100-lunar-grey-stereo-receiver.aspx?swapstore=1

Let me know what you think of these options!

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.