Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drooping eyelids

Options
  • 23-05-2020 3:27pm

Has anyone any experience with drooping eyelids or what can be done to fix them?

It's definitely genetic, my mother & her sisters all have droopy eyelids, one of my aunts looks like she's half asleep all the time! I can now see it on myself, I'm mid 40s.
    A friend thinks that botox injections just above the eyebrows could help?
    I don't want to go down a surgery route yet, if there is anything else I can do......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

I have hooded eyelids and quite deep set eyes, with heavy brows, and while my eyelids are not droopy per se, they could be improved :pac:

I get a really good lift from botox- which was actually unintended. I only got my 11s done, not the outer part of the brow that is usually treated for a lift effect, but because I'm not furrowing my brow there is still a subtle lift. Hard to explain. I am always frowning naturally so just by not frowning my brows are at a higher resting place.

But I have read that it depends on how much excess skin there is. I dont have a lot of skin on my eyelids, I just have quite low angry brows so when these are frozen, my eyebrows are higher if that makes sense! If there is a lot of skin then no matter what happens with the brows, there will still be skin. An expert will obviously be able to advise on what option is best. I suppose if you tried botox at least you'll know if it works or not before trying alternatives.

There is also a laser type treatment you can get done but I dont know much about it, I just saw pictures and the healing period looks.... uncomfortable! But the results are fantastic.

I'm no expert though, just giving my own experience with my own annoying hooded eyes!

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭QueenRizla

Blephraplasty is probably best solution. It’s not much down time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I think a little bit of Botox would be your best and least invasive solution here

I think a little bit of Botox would be your best and least invasive solution here

Just above the eyebrows shoes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

bubblypop wrote: »
    Has anyone any experience with drooping eyelids or what can be done to fix them?

It's definitely genetic, my mother & her sisters all have droopy eyelids, one of my aunts looks like she's half asleep all the time! I can now see it on myself, I'm mid 40s.
    A friend thinks that botox injections just above the eyebrows could help?
    I don't want to go down a surgery route yet, if there is anything else I can do......

Agree, a bit of botox would be the obvious first thing to try rather than any surgery. Sure you may want to go that route in time, but start as non invasively as possible.

My friend is a medical practicioner who also does botox, she says this is a really common usecase. Theres a proper medical name for it but in laymans terms, its a chemical brow lift.

• Advertisement
Advertisement