Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car tax dilemma

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Deagol wrote: »
    This thread shows why having warning labels on things will lead to the end of the human civilization and paradoxically why they don't work :D:D

Such as careful the contents are hot on a kettle, dont iron when wearing and such....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭Deagol

Such as careful the contents are hot on a kettle, dont iron when wearing and such....

;)

Deagol wrote: »
    ;)

Sounds like the op....

Jaysus I've been site banned for less..,

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Jaysus I've been site banned for less..,

Tbf though, you are a bollox.

I mean you drink vodka by choice. As an adult.

Heathen.

• Advertisement

Tbf though, you are a bollox.

I mean you drink vodka by choice. As an adult.

Heathen.

Father for I have sinned please forgive.....

Father for I have sinned please forgive.....

Your penance is to work out a way to get away with not paying motor tax arrears on your car. Legally.

But what if you really really want to pay the arrears even though you don’t have to?

But what if you really really want to pay the arrears even though you don’t have to?

Listen, you're being unhelpful. Stop coming in here with knowledge. Pfft.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭emo72

What a thread. Every time I opened boards today it was right there at the top. I was wondering to myself what's going on here, the answer is so simple, how could this get to 5 pages? Peace and love to all mankind, except people who ask questions about motor tax, 7th level of hell for those guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

emo72 wrote: »
    What a thread. Every time I opened boards today it was right there at the top. I was wondering to myself what's going on here, the answer is so simple, how could this get to 5 pages? Peace and love to all mankind, except people who ask questions about motor tax, 7th level of hell for those guys.

It didnt. It's only 2 if you dont have it set to crazy person settings.

It didnt. It's only 2 if you dont have it set to crazy person settings.

Page 6 7 on mobile though. :0

emo72 wrote: »

That's how I found it!

Ignored it initially. But I mean, there's only so many times you can ignore a motor tax query in the motorbikes forum.

This thread needs to be preserved for any day you're feeling low.

I've actually had tears streaming down my eyes looking at how angry s/he got at Reg.

Even showed it to the other half, she was keeling over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

I used to have loads of pages on the touch site until I realised I could change the number of posts per page. I can't remember how but it's so much easier now that i can see about 40 posts per page.
    Maybe someone else can tell you (if you even care). Actually maybe a few people could explain it to you numerous times in various (simple) ways and you could completely ignore them and then make an outrageous remark about their wife... ðŸ˜

My motorbike was last taxed in 2004....

fineso.mom wrote: »
    I used to have loads of pages on the touch site until I realised I could change the number of posts per page. I can't remember how but it's so much easier now that i can see about 40 posts per page.
    Maybe someone else can tell you (if you even care). Actually maybe a few people could explain it to you numerous times in various (simple) ways and you could completely ignore them and then make an outrageous remark about their wife... ðŸ˜

My wife doesn't mind....

My motorbike was last taxed in 2004....

88*16...

Jesus.

Sell me your bike.

* winks *

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

Great thread! Glad I clicked into it

I'd say the op has now taxed a vehicle that isn't running and most likely is a money pit but they are in a relationship with it and it's exhaust.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Lorne Malvo

What is the penalty for an untaxed vehicle parked up on a public road? Are the guards enforcing during the lockdown anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭enrique66_35

What is the penalty for an untaxed vehicle parked up on a public road? Are the guards enforcing during the lockdown anyone know?

Unless you drive it through a checkpoint, the likelihood of getting any kind of penalty while parked is remote, lockdown or no lockdown unless you the road is patrolled by an over-zealous parking warden who can also give the 60 quid fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

XLR 8 wrote: »
    Like everything in Ireland its a stupid system.

A straw poll on that would be unanimous.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Advertisement