Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend all in one pc

Options
  • 23-05-2020 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭

Can any one recommend an all in one pc for me I'd like to keep it less than €850.

I'd like 8Gb ram and an ssd over 512 or a hdd and smaller ssd. Also I'd like a 27 inch screen but 24 is fine. It's not used for anything much just some normal internet surfing and some word documents

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

I would recommend a monitor and a small factor PC, which you can attach to the back of the monitor.

For example, something like this:
    514059.png

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Conchurl

JoyPad wrote: »
    I would recommend a monitor and a small factor PC, which you can attach to the back of the monitor.

For example, something like this:
    514059.png

Is that complicated to set up?

Conchurl wrote: »
    Is that complicated to set up?

There's a bit of DIY, but not too much. You need to put the memory sticks and the m.2 drive inside the NUC, instructions will be provided. You will need a Philips head screwdriver, nothing else.

One more thing: this kit has room for a 3.5" drive as well. I would recommend a SATA SSD, as a future upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

There's a bit of DIY, but not too much. You need to put the memory sticks and the m.2 drive inside the NUC, instructions will be provided. You will need a Philips head screwdriver, nothing else.

What website are these from?

What website are these from?

scan.co.uk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Conchurl

One more thing: this kit has room for a 3.5" drive as well. I would recommend a SATA SSD, as a future upgrade.

How would this compare to a normal computer?
    Do I have to install windows and all that stuff myself or is it already on the machine?
    Can you link some YouTube videos of something like this being used?

Conchurl wrote: »
    How would this compare to a normal computer?
    Do I have to install windows and all that stuff myself or is it already on the machine?
    Can you link some YouTube videos of something like this being used?

It is a normal computer, but it is very small. The CPU in this particular kit is a 10th generation Intel i3, which should be more than enough for your needs. There is no discrete graphics card, but the integrated GPU is enough for running that monitor at QHD resolution.

Since the storage drive is purchased separately, there will be no operating system installed. You can download Windows 10 from the Microsoft website, and install it using a USB pen drive.

I've found this video that shows you all you need to do to get this working.

NOTE: just to be aware, this machine will not be super fast. It will be a great desktop for normal Internet usage, watching YouTube, Netflix, etc, but do not expect to be gaming on it. The main advantage of this form factor is how small and quiet it is. There are no moving parts, so it will be dead silent. And, if you connect a wireless keyboard and mouse, it will be just like an all-in-one, where the unit is hidden behind the screen, without any wires visible,

Advertisement