Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mount Oval

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

It was over bus money apparently.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

They didn't even need it in the end cos they got picked up by the shades, handy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Saw the video, its horrific. The guy on the grounds face is covered in blood and his friend is trying to push the stabber away but he pushes back in and stabs him in the back it seems and scrapes his arm. Hope the scum is put away for life.

EDIT: Wait theres one where a guy is being stabbed on the ground, is that different then the bus one?

Saw the video, its horrific. The guy on the grounds face is covered in blood and his friend is trying to push the stabber away but he pushes back in and stabs him in the back it seems and scrapes his arm. Hope the scum is put away for life.

EDIT: Wait theres one where a guy is being stabbed on the ground, is that different then the bus one?
    The fella who did it got on the bus. Armed support stopped it in Douglas.

https://twitter.com/NeilRedFM/status/1269418912296439815?s=20

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Yeah the bus is just them getting arrested. The stabbing video is absolutely mank. Whatever he did, nobody deserves that. The shower doing it are an absolute pack of dogs, I dunno how they thought they were going to get away with it. Maybe because of the BLM stuff going on? But I would be a huge supporter of that movement and having seen the footage I hope they get at least a couple of years each in jail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

s1ippy wrote: »
    Yeah the bus is just them getting arrested. The stabbing video is absolutely mank. Whatever he did, nobody deserves that. The shower doing it are an absolute pack of dogs, I dunno how they thought they were going to get away with it. Maybe because of the BLM stuff going on? But I would be a huge supporter of that movement and having seen the footage I hope they get at least a couple of years each in jail.

A couple of years in jail? Na kid, that's not going to happen anyway.

Feels like the situation has really gotten out of hand now. This was bound to happen at some stage, gangs from Carrigaline and Ballincollig have been at it for a while. The Gardai need to leave the tax and insurance for a bit and focus on the real problems.

I reckon drivers are going to refuse to drive that bus. It's happening every weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭EnzoScifo

Sickening stuff, as far as I'm aware the 220 seems to have played a long running role in hassle between Ballincollig and Carrigaline.

Thankfully it looks like these scuts will be off the streets for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I can’t even sleep after watching that video. I’m heartbroken thinking of that poor boy lying there defenceless and unable to get himself out of such a dangerous situation.
    How the others could just stand there videoing it, commenting on it, sounding wholly unconcerned, beggars belief.
    None of them even tried to run away which shows absolutely zero fear of the law and only one person had the decency to try to protect and help the victim.

I don’t care who did what. Violence is never ever the answer, no matter who said what or who did what. It’s just unacceptable.

Tough punishments are needed for knife crime here before we end up like London. That’s two serious stabbings among youths in just a few months for our city.

I hope the poor boy pulls through and the perpetrator gets punished to the fullest extent of the law.
    There’s also a lot to be said about punishments for those standing there recording and not helping, it should be a criminal offence to record someone like that, but that’s my emotions talking and a matter for another thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,292 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

There's more videos on twitter of the same alleged attacker apparently assaulting another young fella yesterday before the stabbing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

Copying what they see from London there's been numerous attacks on young fellas

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

SusieBlue wrote: »
    I can’t even sleep after watching that video. I’m heartbroken thinking of that poor boy lying there defenceless and unable to get himself out of such a dangerous situation.
    How the others could just stand there videoing it, commenting on it, sounding wholly unconcerned, beggars belief.
    None of them even tried to run away which shows absolutely zero fear of the law and only one person had the decency to try to protect and help the victim.

I don’t care who did what. Violence is never ever the answer, no matter who said what or who did what. It’s just unacceptable.

Tough punishments are needed for knife crime here before we end up like London. That’s two serious stabbings among youths in just a few months for our city.

I hope the poor boy pulls through and the perpetrator gets punished to the fullest extent of the law.
    There’s also a lot to be said about punishments for those standing there recording and not helping, it should be a criminal offence to record someone like that, but that’s my emotions talking and a matter for another thread.
    Well said Susie and Enzo above you makes a very good point aswell. What is the reason behind this nonsense? I live close to Carrigaline but I'm well beyond my teenage years so I'm out of the loop but is it some sort of turf war/school war? I think the Guards either need to toughen up or be given more powers to deal with these fools.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,263 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

The Guards need be given more power. Simple as that.

Not sure though that will go down well with the goody gooders.

Honestly who in right mind wants see this happening every weekend now?

It was over bus money apparently.

Doubt that it was obviously premeditated and he was picked out.
    Think we all know these youths have been coming to Douglas where they were run out of and carrigaline since that bus service was introduced. This crime was attempted murder and this scut should get a hefty sentence.
    This is not the first time minority groups have ganged up on locals in carrigaline the law are afraid of them. Know of a lad who got the sh1t kicked out of him down there a few months back similar circumstances and nowt happened to them.
    Sickening

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

What powers that they don't have would you give to an Gardaí?

What powers that they don't have would you give to an Gardaí?

They are afraid of travellers and these lads incase they cause offence maybe grow a pair

• Registered Users Posts: 16,316 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

They have powers, they're hamstrung by the legal niceties in that these are children stabbing other children.

mean gene wrote: »
    They are afraid of travellers and these lads incase they cause offence maybe grow a pair

Doesn't answer the question, though.
    What powers that they don't have should be given to them?

• Advertisement

There's another video going around of the same guy doing something similar a few days earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭newuser99999

There’s no presence of the guards at all in Cork. They should actually be out on the streets or driving around. I’ve been living in Cork the last two years and could count on one hand the number of times I’ve seen guards actually out and about.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

Just watched the video. I thought I was watching the wrong video at first due to the use of slang associated with gangs in the UK (specifically London).

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Glory83

The incident in Mount Oval and Ballyphehane and then now are all proofs to the saying in Arabic: Security of punishment offended literature. if those scumbags knew their asses would be whipped without mercy, they would not have dared to do what they did and what they keep on doing.

Glory83 wrote: »
    The incident in Mount Oval and Ballyphehane and then now are all proofs to the saying in Arabic: Security of punishment offended literature. if those scumbags knew their asses would be whipped without mercy, they would not have dared to do what they did and what they keep on doing.

Ah yes. Prevent violence with violence.

Not being smart but what is your opinion on what could be done to try and prevent these incidents?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭lulublue22

Not being smart but what is your opinion on what could be done to try and prevent these incidents?

I know this is reactive as opposed to proactive but there should be zero tolerance for anyone involved in knife crime. Courts need to step up here and impose proper sentences.

I honestly don't know. Perhaps less lenient sentencing? More community policing?

All I do know is that using violence to teach kids that violence is wrong makes no sense whatsoever.

Make no mistake, this kid will go to jail.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Icantthinkof1

I honestly don't know. Perhaps less lenient sentencing? More community policing?

Make no mistake, this kid will go to jail.

He’ll probably be sent to Oberstown; not exactly jail (if the perpetrator is under 18)
    Agree with the previous poster-courts need to clamp down hard on knife crimes/ those in possession of a knife.
    Too easy for young people now to wave around knives instead of their fists with potentially devastating consequences

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Glory83

I used it figuratively :D:D On the ground, strict jail punishments should be served without exceptions or suspended notices. When the scumbags know they will rot in jail, they would think twice before doing so. Otherwise, these crimes will never stop.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement