Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weird tv and fridge problem

Options
  • 24-05-2020 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi. I've got a strange problem. My setup is: a pc connected to tv in a bedroom and a monitor in kitchen, both running from the same video card using hdmi. PC and tv are connected to a socket in a bedroom, and monitor and a fridge are connected to a dual- gang socket in a kitchen. Now, the problem I have is whenever fridge motor starts up or shuts down, the tv in a bedroom acts as if has lost a video signal for a second. Monitor is always on standby. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭adrian92

huanas777 wrote: »
    Hi. I've got a strange problem. My setup is: a pc connected to tv in a bedroom and a monitor in kitchen, both running from the same video card using hdmi. PC and tv are connected to a socket in a bedroom, and monitor and a fridge are connected to a dual- gang socket in a kitchen. Now, the problem I have is whenever fridge motor starts up or shuts down, the tv in a bedroom acts as if has lost a video signal for a second. Monitor is always on standby. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Just an idea. The fridge compresser starting and stopping may be causing brief voltage fluctuaction which electrojic devices may not like

Perhaps try to finf a way to power it from a different power outlet.
    You might need an extension lead.
    Worthva try

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭adrian92

A further thought.
    If you are in a very rural location your incoming supply may not be great.
    If so, switch off fridge for the times you need no break in signal

Others may be able to advise more

Advertisement