Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good reason to exclude Travellers and Roma from reopening businesses?

Options
  • 24-05-2020 9:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭

Large clusters in these two groups as they totally disregarded ANY and ALL measures to try and prevent the spread of covid 19.

The restrictions did not get applied to either of these groups and large Traveller groups passed through Garda checkpoints unimpeded.

As pubs hotels and restaurants start to reopen and social distancing is applied I don't see why groups who have actively put their two fingers up to these measures should be welcome back.

I know mods will be jumping all over themselves to justify closing this thread but it is a valid point and fair point that deserves discussion.

Letting these people back risks new cases and further spread.

As for the equality argument forget it travel and distancing restrictions did not get applied to these people it would make a mockery of our efforts to let ANY of these people into an area in which new distancing protocols are being implemented.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

What about all the people who arent roma or travellers who disregarded the restrictions!?
    Like everyone in Darndale

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭MentalMario

But it's their culture...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

TheW1zard wrote: »
    What about all the people who arent roma or travellers who disregarded the restrictions!?
    Like everyone in Darndale

You are avoiding the question do you think groups that have large clusters that have given safety measures the two fingers and who have not been subject to enforcement should be welcome into establishments trying to reopen with distancing restrictions?

Thats either a yes or a no.

I would not want to let in as we know the Garda will not help when these people do not comply.

Large clusters in these two groups as they totally disregarded ANY and ALL measures to try and prevent the spread of covid 19.

The restrictions did not get applied to either of these groups and large Traveller groups passed through Garda checkpoints unimpeded.

As pubs hotels and restaurants start to reopen and social distancing is applied I don't see why groups who have actively put their two fingers up to these measures should be welcome back.

I know mods will be jumping all over themselves to justify closing this thread but it is a valid point and fair point that deserves discussion.

Letting these people back risks new cases and further spread.

As for the equality argument forget it travel and distancing restrictions did not get applied to these people it would make a mockery of our efforts to let ANY of these people into an area in which new distancing protocols are being implemented.

If we get a vaccine for this, unless they have a certified medical reason, anyone refusing to be vaccinated should be included in your plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: It's pretty easy to justify actually. The premise of the thread is idiotic, not to mention prejudicial. Thread closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement