Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extra hours CID

• 24-05-2020 11:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hi my friend is on a part time CID for years in second level and hours have come up in her subject area due to retirement. The entire job has been advertised though and no extra hours have been offered to her as yet. Am I right it saying it shouldn't be advertised before being offered to her at least? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Hi my friend is on a part time CID for years in second level and hours have come up in her subject area due to retirement. The entire job has been advertised though and no extra hours have been offered to her as yet. Am I right it saying it shouldn't be advertised before being offered to her at least? Thanks

Correct as long as she is registered in those subject hours. There is a circular governing this and the union is probably the best course of action. If they are comfortable, a chat with the Principal first would be better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭The Infinite Fart

TheDriver wrote: »
    Correct as long as she is registered in those subject hours. There is a circular governing this and the union is probably the best course of action. If they are comfortable, a chat with the Principal first would be better

Great. Yeah she's registered in the subject hours alright. I'll tell her to have a chat with him though not the most approachable! Thanks a million for the reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Circular 49/2017.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭The Infinite Fart

Circular 49/2017.

Thanks a million for that. Will pass it on.
    Definitely looks like he has skipped a few steps and went straight to advertising the post. Good she spotted the ad anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Interestingly the exact same query is posted on voices for teachers on Facebook in the last few mins.

People seem to have friends with the same issues.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

TheDriver wrote: »
    Interestingly the exact same query is posted on voices for teachers on Facebook in the last few mins.

People seem to have friends with the same issues.

Is there a problem cross posting? Who cares?? Messages on that page are queued up with a few days wait. People look elsewhere in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 deflated17

Quick question - when there are extra hours available - should they be added to the reappointment form i.e. CID hours 6, RPT hours 6 or is there a separate form? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement