Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Border suggestions east facing garden

Options
  • 24-05-2020 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hi, I am looking for suggestions as to what to plant in my new border, the garden is east facing and this area gets sunlight from morning until early afternoon. I like uniform planting, and want to bring some height into the garden. I was thinking of 2 topiary Portuguese laurels or bay trees to give the height, and some lower plants with some colour?

Total novice so all suggestions welcome

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭macraignil

Maybe visit a local garden centre and see what plants you like the look of. Posted a play list of video clips showing shrubs in my own garden here in case you might see some there that might suit. Topiary I think works better on shrubs with smaller leaves like boxleaf honeysuckle or yew.

Advertisement