Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus / COVID-19 Forum - Hostile, agressive and nasty posting

Options
  • 24-05-2020 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭

I realise that we are in the midst of a pandemic and nerves are frayed but, I am really shocked at the tone of the posts on the COVID-19 forum.

People making fairly sensible, normal posts are being jumped on and torn apart on quite a regular basis and it's really making it a very unpleasant place to post anything constructive.

It often reads more like an angry Reddit or Twitter thread than a typical boards.ie discussion.

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,726 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Admin: Moved to Help Desk as a forum specific issue is not site Feedback.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Just to add, the OP only signed up this account today, and is not eligible to post in the Feedback Forum

Now as you indicate OP, these are tense times and posters can be a little more susceptible to posting in an uncivil manner. What I can say is we try to look at all reported posts (which can be a challenge at times given the nature and scale of posting in this particular forum) and act where we see fit. There are certainly posts that are pretty close to being unacceptable and we have to make judgements. We all can view posts and the intent behind them differently, hence something you consider unacceptable I may be happy with (and vice versa). Clear breaches of the forum charter or site rules will be dealt with if we are alerted to them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Flickerfusion

Thanks for the info. I just wanted to draw attention to it as if it becomes just a bear pit of angry posters, I would say it could just stifle discussion.

Didn't know I wasn't eligible for this forum. Such a friendly website!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You have 16 posts and registered this account yesterday

Once you have 100 posts and have been registered 3 months you will be in a better position to provide site-wide feedback, and once you meet both criteria can post in the forum

As already pointed out, the sort of point raised by you is dealt with in Help Desk which is why it has been moved here, and where anyone can post

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement