Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Window is jammed open from the strong wind

• 24-05-2020 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

As you can see in the pictures the slider has gone over the little bump and now can't budge.

Is this just a matter of unscrewing the screws on the slider and lifting it off?

https://imgur.com/a/y0mQfhL

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Loosen the rightmost screw. Slide it back and retighten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I don't think unscrewing the screws allows you to lift off the slider, they look more like they adjust the tension/resistance of the slider.
    (I think the slider only comes off when you remove the whole lot from the frame and you can slide the slider out of the side of the profile that guides it)

But my first try would be to take out the rear screw and see if you can push/force the slider back over the stop and then put the screw back in.

EDIT:
    What Mike said :D

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭newboard

mike_ie wrote: »
    Loosen the rightmost screw. Slide it back and retighten.

Do you mean the screw on the slider, or the screw on the bracket thing?

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Screw on the slider. I'm pretty sure it's a lock screw/tensioner screw. Loosening it should allow you to run the slider over the dimple (or at least give you more wiggle room to brute force it). Once you have the slider back where it should be, tighten it again to a point where the slider still runs without too much resistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭newboard

mike_ie wrote: »
    Screw on the slider. I'm pretty sure it's a lock screw/tensioner screw. Loosening it should allow you to run the slider over the dimple (or at least give you more wiggle room to brute force it). Once you have the slider back where it should be, tighten it again to a point where the slider still runs without too much resistance.

That was it exactly yeah, thanks very much. I was able to ride it back over the dimple with a little bit of force once the screw was removed.

Sorted now, thanks again!

• Advertisement
Advertisement