Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ahmaud Arbery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

one less black criminal is certainly something that community should be grateful for.*

*sarcasm btw though a non-sarcastic reading would not be out of place in this thread.

That is your opinion. I'm just glad his neighbours have the burden of his thuggery lifted from them.

Isn't it always middle class whites outraged by the death of some thug but the people who they lived near and endured them and are not free of it aren't...

Not everything is about race. The greatest benefit of this unfortunate incident is to his African American neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Danzy wrote: »
    That is your opinion. I'm just glad his neighbours have the burden of his thuggery lifted from them.

Isn't it always middle class whites outraged by the death of some thug but the people who they lived near and endured them and are not free of it aren't...

Not everything is about race. The greatest benefit of this unfortunate incident is to his African American neighbours.

I'm sure they are all cheering his death.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,486 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

blinding wrote: »
    Posters have jumped to conclusions that the shotgun was pointed at Mr Arbery. I have seen no definitive evidence that the shotgun was ever pointed at Mr Arbery before Mr Arbery tried to grab the gun !

I don’t know for what other reason a wielder of one would need to approach a target then. It’s a 2 handed weapon. He wasn’t trying to give him a hug.

And I, as someone who has been chased down by 2 trucks, 3 people, armed, have no reason to believe their intentions are lawful.

What thuggery?

Overheal wrote: »
    What thuggery?

aren't they all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Mr Arbery would be alive and well today had

A fat excop not decided he was going hunting for a black man whom he believed stole from him , zero evidence of Arbery stealing from the neighbors yard or the fat excop

I'm sure they are all cheering his death.

No, they aren't but many can still feel relief.

That he was an absolute shi7sack of a human is not denied, he carried a gun in to a school basketball game ffs, among other things.

His tendency to violence and gun crime may have been known, that is for a court to decide if it is a mitigating factor.

Gatling wrote: »
    A fat excop decided he was going hunting for a black man

Lol

Are you writing a movie script?

That he was an absolute shi7sack of a human is not denied, he carried a gun in to a school basketball game ffs, among other things.

His tendency to violence and gun crime may have been known, that is for a court to decide if it is a mitigating factor.

Violence?

Gun crime?

A student making a 2nd amendment statement makes them a shi7sack?

Awfully colorful vernacular too. Almost like you picked it for his skin color.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Gatling wrote: »
    A fat excop decided he was going hunting for a black man
    Did you have an orgasm when you typed that ! ! !

The Elder Mr McMichael is carrying a few pounds but he and his son are two damn fine looking Men.

The Elder McMichael was on the phone to the police at the time. Hardly the actions of a man doing what you are saying ! ! !:eek:

• Advertisement

aren't they all?

:rolleyes:

That he was an absolute shi7sack of a human is not denied,

So others mainly white people can carry guns anywhere and shoot unarmed people and it's called justice .

But yet some one else is a sack of **** because

Lol

Are you writing a movie script?
    Only oner hand writing and yet the other hand is also very busy ! ! !

his criminal history has no bearing on the guilt of the murdering rednecks.

No court has confirmed that a murder has taken Place. I don’t know if there has been an official examination of the McMichaels necks or not ! !

The Elder Mr McMichael is carrying a few pounds but he and his son are two damn fine looking Men.

The Elder McMichael was on the phone to the police at the time. Hardly the actions of a man doing what you are saying ! ! !:eek:
    It’s already been well established that the Brunswick police are practically complicit in this murder.

No court has confirmed that a murder has taken Place. I don’t know if there has been an official examination of the McMichaels necks or not ! !

3 men have been charged with Murder.

It’s already been well established that the Brunswick police are practically complicit in this murder.
    I suggest you go and make such a claim in Georgia :eek:

No court has decided any murder took place.

I suggest you go and make such a claim in Georgia :eek:

The State of Georgia made that claim when it arrested 3 men for it.

But they have been charged with murder .

Yes

• Advertisement

Violence?

Gun crime?

A student making a 2nd amendment statement makes them a shi7sack?

Awfully colorful vernacular too. Almost like you picked it for his skin color.

I hate to break it to you, I could care less about his skin colour.

The vernacular being coloured and that must reference his skin colour, that's off the wall desperation and twisting to meet your need.

Look you have your need to be a moral crusader, a modern day Jesuit Priest.

The choice of Jesuit is deliberate. It's the mindset.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Do not post in this thread again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

The vernacular being coloured and that must reference his skin colour, that's off the wall desperation and twisting to meet your need.

So... you care a little?

Anatomy of a Snooze fest:

Make dog whistle.

Get called out on dog whistle.

Accuse others of being - jesuits? - for pointing out your dog whistle.

Pretend that your actions are opaque.

It may, he was known for having serious gun crime conviction, he was known in the locality for his criminality and repeat targeting of that area, among others.

It was certainly correct to approach him armed and presuming he was armed, given his history , pulling the trigger, persuing him, was that correct, maybe, maybe not.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

It was very poor boxing in when Arbery could run either side of the Vehicle and 180 degrees either way as well ! !

Thats really the best youve go? Holy ****.

It may, he was known for having serious gun crime conviction, he was known in the locality for his criminality

He got probation in high school .

Serious conviction but only got probation ,and a shoplifting charge.

Repeat targeting of that area, among others.

Repeat targeting of that area ? What did he target exactly and what else did he supposedly do exactly ?

Anatomy of a Snooze fest:

Make dog whistle.

Get called out on dog whistle.

Accuse others of being - jesuits? - for pointing out your dog whistle.

Pretend that your actions are opaque.
    I

A violent criminal with a long history of targeting an area, of serious gun crime is dead.

No, I've no problem with that.

His skin colour is irrelevant.

Communities have the right to defend themselves.

Pity that it came to this and the lives destroyed but the career , violent criminal, I've no concern, same as he had no concern for others.

It may, he was known for having serious gun crime conviction, he was known in the locality for his criminality and repeat targeting of that area, among others.

It was certainly correct to approach him armed and presuming he was armed, given his history , pulling the trigger, persuing him, was that correct, maybe, maybe not.

they had no legal basis for making a citizens arrest.if he was such a dangerous criminal they should have called the police immediately and not confronted him at all. Arbery had the unfortunate luck to match the description of somebody they thought had committed a crime and he paid for that with his life. but sure keep on trying to downplay what the murdering rednecks did and make out that they did the world the favour. My hearing is not what it used to be but i can still hear a dog whistle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Usually if you suspect that a person is armed and dangerous it's "don't approach, call the police" mantra?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement