Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ahmaud Arbery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

mynamejeff wrote: »
    how come all the pics of Ahmaud Arbery are of him in a tux or pics from his social media and why the McMichaels is just mug shots ?

why do you think that is?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,856 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

I'm pretty sure anyone that is taking up his past is in some way trying to justify his death as it's just another waster dead nothing to see here.

And, in your own words he wasn't "completely innocent victim", To justify his death in some way that he trespassed so he kinda deserved it type of nonsense is what is going on in this thread, so yeah people are saying they were right.

I disagree with this. Pointing out that if someone was acting the bollix that it might have contributed somewhat to the circumstances which caused his death does not mean you think he deserved to die.

When I was a teenager a fella I went to school with was killed in a car accident. He was a passenger in a car with some other fellas and they were racing around the roads. Boy-racer kind of carry on. They had built up names for themselves with that carry on over a few months. Then one night they hit a wall and he died.

Now, I think he contributed to his own death but I obviously do not think that he deserved to die for breaking the speed limit. i.e. if he had been clocked by the traffic cops, I wouldn't have been calling for the death penalty. I was very sad for his family at the time. Those fellas were in that car though by choice and it might have been a kid out on a bike or something that was killed by them. He was involved in something he shouldn't have been doing and if he had not been doing that, he would not have died.

My point is that you can point out that someone perhaps should not have been doing something wrong that led to circumstances of them dying without implying that they deserved to die.

I disagree with this. Pointing out that if someone was acting the bollix that it might have contributed to the circumstances which caused his death does not mean you think he deserved to die.

When I was a teenager a fella I went to school with was killed in a car accident. He was a passenger in a car with some other fellas and they were racing around the roads. Boy-racer kind of carry on. They had built up names for themselves with that carry on over a few months. Then one night they hit a wall and he died.

Now, I think he contributed to his own death but I obviously do not think that he deserved to die for breaking the speed limit. i.e. if he had been clocked by the traffic cops, I wouldn't have been calling for the death penalty. I was very sad for his family at the time. Those fellas were in that car though by choice and it might have been a kid out on a bike or something that was killed by them. He was involved in something he shouldn't have been doing and if he had not been doing that, he would not have died.

My point is that you can point out that someone perhaps should not have been doing something wrong that led to circumstances of them dying without implying that they deserved to die.

back to the victim blaming i see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

how come all the pics of Ahmaud Arbery are of him in a tux or pics from his social media and why the McMichaels is just mug shots ?

Some people really need to take a step back and read what they're about to post on the internet.. fcuk me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,856 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

No. Simple common sense. Try reading what I wrote again.

I'm leaving this thread again given the childish attitudes on here.

Some of ye could do with growing up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

LillySV wrote: »
    Loads of vids released in last week or so showing he is no harmless young man...

He supposedly tried to shoplift a TV according to some and he received probation at 19 for another incident .

Has nothing to do with being chased down by armed white men on a hunt ,and got there kill

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Gatling wrote: »
    He supposedly tried to shoplift a TV according to some and he received probation at 19 for another incident .

Has nothing to do with being chased down by armed white men on a hunt ,and got there kill

he was caught bringing a loaded hand gun into a high school basketball game

why would you want to bring a loaded hand gun to a high school basketball game ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,822 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

why would you want to bring a loaded hand gun to a high school basketball game ?
    Maybe he thought he'd get bored with the game and wanted a diversion? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭Homelander

That's not victim blaming. It's discussing personal contributory factors.

For example if I walk down the street at night carrying a big stack of cash, and I get mugged, I didn't do anything wrong, but I certainly contributed to the situation, even if I am an innocent victim of crime.

People need to live in the real world, not the ideal world. Yeah, Ahmaud Arbery certainly didn't deserve to die but he wasn't an entirely innocent bystander out for an evening jog targeted at random.

Stating that isn't victim shaming nor is it in any way supporting those that killed him, I cannot understand how some people can't seem to understand that.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Maybe he wanted to give some unconnected people years in the future an excuse to reduce the culpability for killing him in an unrelated encounter?

• Advertisement

Homelander wrote: »

For example if I walk down the street at night carrying a big stack of cash, and I get mugged, I didn't do anything wrong, but I certainly contributed to the situation, even if I am an innocent victim of crime.

People need to live in the real world, not the ideal world. Yeah, Ahmaud Arbery certainly didn't deserve to die but he wasn't an entirely innocent bystander out for an evening jog.

Stating that isn't victim shaming nor is it in any way supporting those that killed him, I cannot understand how some people can't seem to understand that.

the rednecks did not see him commit any crime. they had no business chasing him down and stopping him.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

People need to live in the real world, not the ideal world. Yeah, Ahmaud Arbery certainly didn't deserve to die but he wasn't an entirely innocent bystander out for an evening jog targeted at random.

They had no reason to involve themselves in him looking in a building site . It wasnt theirs and nothing to do with them. He didnt steal anything (unless you recon he hid lengths of timber down his shorts or something).

the rednecks did not see him commit any crime. they had no business chasing him down and stopping him.

them darn white devils just picked a random black fella and decided to shoot him in broad daylight on camera for being black ?

that's sort of racist view isn't it ?

them darn white devils just picked a random black fella and decided to shoot him in broad daylight on camera for being black ?

that's sort of racist view isn't it ?
    did they know they were on camera?

Why would you bring loaded guns to talk to someone jogging ?

did they know they were on camera?

the footage aside does that narrative suit you ?

the footage aside does that narrative suit you ?

i'd settle for redneck vigilantes who decided that somebody that matched the description of a trespasser was fair game and needed to be confronted while carrying firearms.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,491 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

65SCMXJGTREKRERY4T2MAWKUQA.jpg

Probably better for them. Their social media photo just paints them as hunters. The mug shots don't particularly seem all that terrible, no orange jumpsuit no stripes no inmate ID

merlin_172299060_944c41a7-d290-4a4c-addf-ec8723ffd7cc-superJumbo.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp

Nevermind that Arbery is the victim here, not the McMichaels.

And a girl scantily dressed, this contributed to her rape hmm?

This is the problematic hole you go down when victim blaming.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/multimedia/collection/good-guy-gun-stopped-bad-guy-gun/

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »

are you suggesting that he was there with a loaded gun in order to protect people?
    and that the gun was legal and legal for him to have at that time and place ?

why was he prosecuted for it then ?

are you suggesting that he was there with a loaded gun in order to protect people?
    and that the gun was legal and legal for him to have at that time and place ?

why was he prosecuted for it then ?

Because the law doesn't support it. Same as this woman:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/21/us/florida-teacher-arrested-loaded-gun-knives-trnd/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

"Ahmaud Abery didn't deserve to die" BUT.........

but what? Wrong place wrong time? But He made them "good" people chase him for 5 minutes up and down a road? But He made the father be perched on the bed of the pick up truck armed with a hand gun? Or But did he make Travis get out of the driver seat and arm himself with a shot gun?

Those two idiots had 5 minutes to change the course they put themselves and Abery in on that road they were gonna be the ones that caught the "thief" the "wrong doer" or something..

Gatling wrote: »
    Why would you bring loaded guns to talk to someone jogging ?

if they were investigating a suspected criminal in their neighbourhood .

and you were in Georgia a open carry state ,

or in case as clearly seen in the video that person attacked you

Overheal wrote: »

what are you saying the relevance of these two incidents are to each other ?

they are not police. they are vigilantes. they had no basis for a citizens arrest and as ex police they would have known that.

So we agree it was about catching someone out for a previous alleged crime, not witnessing a misdemeanor or felony in progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

ELM327 wrote: »
    I don't believe the shooter is guilty of murder having reviewed the footage and notes available.
    As noted, GA is a concealed carry state, meaning that the mcmichaels were entitled to carry their legally held weapon.
    If I'm out for a jog, I dont go scouting out abandoned property for tools to steal.

Why would tools be lying around an abandoned property?

And how the hell do you know what his intentions were? Are you trying to justify someone being executed for thought-crime now?

They had no powers to do so ,he was sacked as a cop and had zero rights to act like one ,

• Advertisement

Would you rather he just kneel on the ground and await a round to the back of the head .

Or is it a case or how dare he stand up to several armed white men

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement