Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ahmaud Arbery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

ELM327 wrote: »
    The video shows him trespassing.

it also shows him running around the opposite side of the car to avoid Travis McMichaels yet you claim he attacked the 2 of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The thing is, all you've done is determine that Brunswick, where Arbery was FROM, is 12 miles from the scene of his murder. Is Brunswick a single point on the map or is it a larger area? Arbery was FROM Brunswick......how do you know he actually lived there at the time of his murder?

Jason Corbett was FROM Limerick. He lived, and was murdered, 3000 miles away in North Carolina.

Kid Chameleon and mynamejeff on this thread are not the only ones trying to spread fake news about Arbery with this 12 mile lie. They have claimed it as fact but neither of them have provided us with any sources to back up.

Strangely enough in a similar vein the far right and neo nazi groups in the US are also trying to spread fake news about Arbery as part of a racist agenda to try to change the facts of what actually happened
    Far-right and neo-Nazi groups are spreading racist and false information about a black jogger who was fatally shot in Georgia to promote their agendas on social media platforms, according to organizations that monitor online extremist activity.

The campaigns gained traction after the release this month of a video showing the moments before Ahmaud Arbery, 25, was shot dead in February. Two white men were arrested and charged in the shooting after the video drew widespread attention to the incident.

Some of the online posts, which include racist language, memes and graphics, claim that Arbery was carrying a hammer and wearing boots when he was killed, as the groups try to create false narratives about his death, analysts said.

In the video, Arbery is wearing a white T-shirt, shorts and running shoes. Security footage shows a man in similar clothing who is believed to be Arbery entering a house under construction just before the shooting. The owner of the property has said nothing was stolen from the site.

“The most remarkable finding is that an alternate narrative was created, most notably that Arbery was carrying a hammer and wearing Timberland boots — two claims which CCTV footage and mainstream media reporting does not support,” said a senior terrorism analyst for the Middle East Media Research Institute, which is collecting information related to the case. The analyst spoke on the condition of anonymity because of security concerns.

The groups portray the two arrested men, Gregory McMichael and his son, Travis McMichael, as victims, the analysts said. Both men have been charged with murder and aggravated assault.

Its a typical tactic of the far right, when the facts dont suit your racist agenda then come up with alternative facts.

By stating the lie of the 12 mile story Kid Chameleon and mynamejeff are engaging in this very same practice of spreading fake news about Arbery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

Homelander wrote: »
    That's not victim blaming. It's discussing personal contributory factors.

For example if I walk down the street at night carrying a big stack of cash, and I get mugged, I didn't do anything wrong, but I certainly contributed to the situation, even if I am an innocent victim of crime.

People need to live in the real world, not the ideal world. Yeah, Ahmaud Arbery certainly didn't deserve to die but he wasn't an entirely innocent bystander out for an evening jog targeted at random.

Stating that isn't victim shaming nor is it in any way supporting those that killed him, I cannot understand how some people can't seem to understand that.

That he was targeted for doing nothing wrong is all the crime that you need. Random, vendetta or otherwise. I hate to break it to you but the only time you get to kill someone lawfully is when you are defending your life or someone else's. That's it. You don't get to kidnap someone, like what these fcukers tried to do and you don't get to detain them or brandish deadly weapons at them because you don't like them. Even a cop can't detain you without Reasonable Articulable Suspicion (RAS) that you have committed or are in the process of committing a crime.

A fcuking moronic comparison if ever I heard one.

If you got robbed for your bag of cash then the robber gained from mugging you. If you were just blasted and your cash bag was left beside you then how the hell can you say your actions contributed to your death?

Let's go one better. You're in a bar and you see a group of girls and they look attractive so you decide to try your hand. You approach them but they're not really interested and make it clear. So you crack a few jokes, try some cheesy line to see if the ice will melt. I do it all the time and sometimes it works. Get a girl to laugh and she'll give you a second chance. But in your case it doesn't work so you back off. You leave the bar and are then pursued by a handful of dickheads who are either associated with that group of girls or have some beef that you had the gall to talk to them.

And they chase you and beat you or worse blow your head off with a shotgun.

If you hadn't spoken to those girls you'd still be alive, right?

"Dumb sentence" is ironic dude

It would be illegal to be carrying a Hammer in O'Connell street and brandishing it as a weapon.

A hammer isn't illegal if you have a genuine reason for having it in your possession, but neither is a stanley blade.

What is your point anyway? Given that I was only telling the fella that if he saw someone with a knife and ran towards him he'd be a potential Darwin award winner? I take it that you like hammers so if you saw a fella brandishing one around O'Connell St. you'd run towards him? That's up to you. Do it if you want.

It isn't ironic "dude".

Carrying a knife is illegal. Carrying a hammer, or a hurley or a cigarette lighter and an aeresol can to make a flame thrower, or a length of rope isn't. I could do just as much damage, i.e. kill, with all the aforementioned as a knife that's illegal by your words.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

And if some Dylan Klebold wannabe came to that school game with an AR-15 and started spraying lead in all directions and Arbery shot him dead you'd be singing his praises, whether the gun was legally held or not.

You see how this works? You're all ifs and buts when it suits your callous narrative but only the iff and but that do so.

Maybe Arbery was a Dylan Klebold wannabe.

We know he was extremely volatile and very aggressive.

• Advertisement

Maybe I would and maybe I wouldn't. Nobody knows how you'd react until you are actually in that situation. Maybe I'd run away from them or maybe I'd foolishly try to take them on or maybe I'd be a fucking eejit and run for 4 minutes to tire myself out and then run towards them. There's no point in speculating. If they had knives and they're more than 2m away, not only are they social distancing - which of course is very important in these times of Covid - but they wouldn't be able to inflict any pesky stab wounds on me.

I see you're beginning to see the inanity of your argument by introducing farce into it.

Arbery should have just acquiesced to a bunch of thugs with guns.

How about this....let's go into the bar again. 3 thugs take a dislike to you and corner you. They make up some story like you looked at one of them the wrong way or you stole his lighter. Then one of them smashes a pint glass on the counter and lunges at you about to shred your face and leave you with disfiguring scars for the rest of your life...OR WORSE...you could bleed to death.

Now you, having no other choice decide to try and defend yourself but fail and still get brutally assaulted and taken to the ER.....is it your fault? If you had just said "OK boys, I'll sit here until the police arrive and be taken away for the theft of your ciggy lighter"

Would that have gone through your mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Danzy wrote: »

Do we? Any links to this extreme volatile and very aggressive..

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Do we? Any links to this extreme volatile and very aggressive..

They just don't stop , making up **** as they go along

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

Based on what? He brought a gun to school once several years ago, and shoplifter a TV once. Amazing how you're able to make the leap from those two details to him being a violent thug who's neighbours are better off with him dead. Absolute moon logic. I'm half convinced you're on a wind-up and I can't decide if that or you sincerely thinking like that is worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Here, I'll just say it. You made the last bit up.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Is the cctv that shows him not wearing boots and carrying a hammer the same that shows him wandering around some one else's property for no reason and with out permission ?

When he brought the hand gun to a basket ball game did he suspect that there was going to be a mass shooting and he was planning to stop it himself ?

The video shows him only running towards the men who killed him , and shows that the only one who was throwing punch's was the dead man

there is some folks on here bending over backwards to be seen in a certain way in the face of all facts and evidence

and anyone who disagrees is a racist Nazi hill billy murder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭PyreOfHellfire

Repeat after me lads. Murder is worse than trespassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

mynamejeff wrote: »
    Is the cctv that shows him not wearing boots and carrying a hammer the same that shows him wandering around some one else's property for no reason and with out permission ?

When he brought the hand gun to a basket ball game did he suspect that there was going to be a mass shooting and he was planning to stop it himself ?

The video shows him only running towards the men who killed him , and shows that the only one who was throwing punch's was the dead man

there is some folks on here bending over backwards to be seen in a certain way in the face of all facts and evidence

i presume you are including yourself in that? do you still think he had to run a half marathon to get from his house to where he was killed?

Welcome to the discussion like from the first page to now..

All your questions, if you care to jump to the first page up until like 2 days ago and find out the answers..

I suspect you'll be seen again around this time, again with same questions..

The video shows him running down the street being chased by a pack of animals who wanted him dead ,
    They tried to stop him before shooting him 3 times at point blank range with a shotgun .

But some just see a blackman getting lynched and trying to blame the victim .

Actually it's there in plain view he was wearing cargo shorts and trainers entering the unsecured property and leaving 3 minutes later with nothing in his hands , wearing the same shorts and trainers .

Minutes later he was shot 3 times at point blank range

Gatling wrote: »
    The video shows him running down the street being chased by a pack of animals who wanted him dead ,
    They tried to stop him before shooting him 3 times at point blank range with a shotgun .

But some just see a blackman getting lynched and trying to blame the victim .

you just proved the point gatling ignore clear evidence and call anyone who points out your error is a racist

cant you look at the facts ?

Welcome to the discussion like from the first page to now..

All your questions, if you care to jump to the first page up until like 2 days ago and find out the answers..

I suspect you'll be seen again around this time, again with same questions..

so which is it ?
    is that him in cctv creeping around some where he shouldn't be wearing running gear or isn't it ?

try the facts

you just proved the point gatling

ignore clear evidence and

cant you look at the facts ?

Actually it's there in plain view he was wearing cargo shorts and trainers entering the unsecured property and leaving 3 minutes later with nothing in his hands , wearing the same shorts and trainers .

Minutes later he was shot 3 times at point blank rang

It seems that you have been caught making **** up .

Damn pesky Yankees won the war too

i presume you are including yourself in that? do you still think he had to run a half marathon to get from his house to where he was killed?

you have yet to prove anything you know ,

that's what the trial is for though isn't it

Minutes later he was shot 3 times at point blank range

progress . so why was he there in the cctv ?

• Advertisement

progress .

Why have you claimed he was wearing work boots and was armed with a hammer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

progress . so why was he there in the cctv ?

What does that have to do with anything?

That you think you're some sort of voice of reason here is utterly hilarious. "The only one throwing punches was the dead man" - yeah, throwing punches at the man accosting him with a fecking shotgun. Cop the **** on.

so which is it ?
    is that him in cctv creeping around some where he shouldn't be wearing running gear or isn't it ?

try the facts

The facts are laid out right across this thread you are using.. you've asked questions gotten answers to them yet won't listen, they don't suit the narrative you want it to be.

Search overheals posts for a link to a video of the events backed up by calls/CCTV and statements taken at the time.

You seem too think this is an open shut case, Ahmaud was a bad guy... Ask yourself this, why wasn't the case dealt with and not sat on?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

you have yet to prove anything you know ,

that's what the trial is for though isn't it

you claimed he had to run a half marathon to get from his home to where he was killed. do you stand by that?

Minutes later he was shot 3 times at point blank rang

It seems that you have been caught making **** up .

Damn pesky Yankees won the war too

what did I make up ? why didn't you post the full quote ?

who do you see running towards who and who do you see throwing punchs ?

why do you think he was in some one else's property ?

you claimed he had to run a half marathon to get from his home to where he was killed. do you stand by that?

He's claimed he was wearing work boots and was armed with a hammer despite CCTV clearly proved he's lying but yet still saying it

RWCNT wrote: »
    What does that have to do with anything?

That you think you're some sort of voice of reason here is utterly hilarious. "The only one throwing punches was the dead man" - yeah, throwing punches at the man accosting him with a fecking shotgun. Cop the **** on.

why would some one run towards a man armed with a shot gun ?

why are you getting all excited ? all im doing is asking simple questions rather than rushing to outrage

there is going to be a trial isn't there ?

why would some one run towards a man armed with a shot gun ?

Lol

Why have you claimed he was wearing work boots and was armed with a hammer

that's not true now is it gatling ?

• Advertisement

He's claimed he was wearing work boots and was armed with a hammer despite CCTV clearly proved he's lying but yet still saying it

I asked questions gatling why cant you understand that ?, is the outrage too overpowering ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement