Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ahmaud Arbery

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

you claimed he had to run a half marathon to get from his home to where he was killed. do you stand by that?

no I didn't , why did you post a lie ?

I referenced it as another poster stated it , you have yet to prove how far he was from home

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

mynamejeff wrote: »
    that's not true now is it gatling ?

So he wasn't wearing heavy boots and he wasn't carrying a hammer ?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

why would some one run towards a man armed with a shot gun ?

why are you getting all excited ? all im doing is asking simple questions rather than rushing to outrage

there is going to be a trial isn't there ?

See the video we have, it's from a pick up truck being driven by William Bryan he was with the McMichaels chasing Ahmaud.. yesterday Mr Bryan was arrested on felony murder and false imprisonment charges related to Ahmaud Arbery.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

he was out jogging a marathon (12 miles out 12 back ) in south Georgia ?, many
    convicted criminals training for the Olympics and creeping in property he had no reason or right to be in

some people still think Michael Brown was an innocent young child executed for no reason

race politics in America is horrible , black or white there is a narrative to make you look bad
    no I didn't , why did you post a lie ?

I referenced it as another poster stated it , you have yet to prove how far he was from home

who is lying?

The facts are laid out right across this thread you are using.. you've asked questions gotten answers to them yet won't listen, they don't suit the narrative you want it to be.

Search overheals posts for a link to a video of the events backed up by calls/CCTV and statements taken at the time.

You seem too think this is an open shut case, Ahmaud was a bad guy... Ask yourself this, why wasn't the case dealt with and not sat on?

I don't have a narrative unlike a few of the posters on here tonight

facts are the only thing that matter , especially in a murder trial and your understanding of them is poor at best ,

you cant see punch's being thrown on the vid ? or who moves towards who ?

• Advertisement

Gatling wrote: »
    So he wasn't wearing heavy boots and he wasn't carrying a hammer ?

No

where did I post that ?

I don't have a narrative

Yes ,

yes you do it's all there in black and white

I don't have a narrative unlike a few of the posters on here tonight

facts are the only thing that matter , especially in a murder trial and your understanding of them is poor at best ,

you cant see punch's being thrown on the vid ? or who moves towards who ?

I've seen it all. I still hold the position that Ahmaud was chased down and forced to defend himself against gun totting vigilantes which resulted in his death.

who is lying?

did you see where is said it was in reference to another posters comment no ? apparently not

I've seen it all. I still hold the position that Ahmaud was chased down and forced to defend himself against gun totting vigilantes which resulted in his death.

why did he run towards them along the road then rather than away ?

im sure its gona be a point raised in the trial

• Advertisement

That's the facts here .

Unlike the utter tripe blaming the victim

Yes ,

yes you do it's all there in black and white

post 612 , go and read it ill await you apology ...

why did he run towards them along the road

Why did the black man run down the road ?

Because he was running for his life being chased by several armed white men in several vehicles .

No

• Registered Users Posts: 19,856 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

It isn't ironic "dude".

Carrying a knife is illegal. Carrying a hammer, or a hurley or a cigarette lighter and an aeresol can to make a flame thrower, or a length of rope isn't. I could do just as much damage, i.e. kill, with all the aforementioned as a knife that's illegal by your words.

You might want to educate yourself before you start wandering about with a hammer in your pocket for no reason.

Here is an example article about Gardai seizing hammers, among other items, from people
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/blade-bare-weapons-cache-seized-from-teen-gang-highlighting-reality-of-knife-crime-925892.html

If I am walking down the street with a bottle of acid drain cleaner for no reason, that is also a weapon and I could be charged for it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

Entitled is fine. But as I said, I'd rather be in the wrong and alive than in the right and dead.

He did run at the fella with the shotgun. But this happened in a matter of seconds and I reckon he didn't have time to think. And he doesn't have the benefit of hindsight. That is advice that you hear - if someone pulls a gun at you at close range, then your best chance is to run at them. But it is usually given in the context of a handgun. That is possibly why he ran at your man. Maybe he was bollixed after his 4 minute jog and out of breath? Maybe he was a headcase. Or maybe he was in fear and panicked. Who knows? Nobody knows.

I am sure that you also heard advice/talk when you were young not to carry a knife. And that you should never pull a knife on someone unless you are prepared to use it. Because if you do it, and the person gets it from you, you're getting a stabbing.

The fellas shouldn't have pulled a gun on him. It's the US though. They're nuts in general over there etc. Those people cannot be blameless. When you have a shotgun pointed at someone and they run to try to take it off you, what do you do? Maybe he panicked too. Or maybe he just wanted to shoot a black fella. It's up to the US courts to decide how culpable they are legally.

Are you thinking?

What would you do if I and one or two others came at you with weapons,,,,,never mind if they are legally owned guns, baseball bats or bicycle chains and tried to stop you?

Never mind what or who we thought about you or whether or not it was late at night...what would you think and what would you do?

You're choices (and I think I include them all here) are:

a) run for your life.
    b) sit down and take the thrashing
    c) try to defend yourself

If you choose option (c) and I overwhelm you and club you to death, is that your fault for trying to take my hurley off of me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

why would some one run towards a man armed with a shot gun ?

why are you getting all excited ? all im doing is asking simple questions rather than rushing to outrage

there is going to be a trial isn't there ?

To try and take it off them and not die maybe?

I'm not very excited at all and I don't know what my level of excitement has to do with anything. Sure, reasonable questions, all about the victim who was killed, no reasonable questions about why he was being tailed by these people. That part you've put together just fine.

why did he run towards them along the road then rather than away ?

im sure its gona be a point raised in the trial

I can't wait to hear their reasoning for making someone run from them in their 2 pickup's for 4 minutes.

Idiots couldn't be arsed to break a sweat in their "neighbourly good deed".

I can't wait to hear their reasoning for making someone run from them in their 2 pickup's for 4 minutes.

Idiots couldn't be arsed to break a sweat in their "neighbourly good deed".

They were late for the klan meeting hence the rush

Are you thinking?

What would you do if I and one or two others came at you with weapons,,,,,never mind if they are legally owned guns, baseball bats or bicycle chains and tried to stop you?

Never mind what or who we thought about you or whether or not it was late at night...what would you think and what would you do?

You're choices (and I think I include them all here) are:

a) run for your life.
    b) sit down and take the thrashing
    c) try to defend yourself

If you choose option (c) and I overwhelm you and club you to death, is that your fault for trying to take my hurley off of me?

You might need to get Rob Dougan to help you if you want someone clubbed to death

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

who do you see running towards who and who do you see throwing punchs ?

One more time

The camera car is also chasing him. So he has a car behind and a car in front.

Whent the video starts hes going down the road in the direction of the car,, as the other car is behind him.

Travis McMichael is out of the car on the drivers side.

Arbery then changes direction to go around the passenger side to avoid McMichaels.

McMichaels then goes from the side of the car to the front to head him off. This is where they meet and the struggle starts

Which part of that is wrong?

Which part of him changing direction to go to the opposite side of the car indicates that he wanted to attack them?

Why did McMichaels leave where he was and go to where Arbery was going? If hed stayed hwere he was, Arbery goes off downt the road.

Why did the black man run down the road ?

Because he was running for his life being chased by several armed white men in several vehicles .

why did the man run towards and start punching two armed men who he knew were following him ?

you don't find that a strange move ? is that what you would do ?

why did the man run towards and start punching two armed men who he knew were following him ?

Can you out run 2 pick up trucks?

How did he punch the father that never got out of the bed of the truck?

why did the man run towards

He was running away and they tried to stop him .

It's really that simple unless you're a Raving Racist trying force a fake agenda to solely blame the blackman

How did he punch the father that never got out of the bed of the truck?

He jumped , pirouetted ,and back flipped into the truck wearing heavy work boots while carrying a hammer no less .

Must have being an Olympian

Can you please try to explain to other posters that it is possible to say the man was trying to run away when he ran towards the men with guns.f

****ing hell. There was 2 cars. one behind and one in front.

He changed direction to go around the opposite side of the car to where McMichaels was to avoid him

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

did you see where is said it was in reference to another posters comment no ? apparently not

so you repeated a lie because it suited whatever narrative you are trying to create. care to withdraw the accusation that i was lying?

Can you please try to explain to other posters that it is possible to say the man was trying to run away when he ran towards the men with guns.

I was having an awful time trying to explain that to posters who jumped on me for it as if I had either shot your man myself or said he was asking for it or something. The ****terAlan poster is still on about it a few posts up. I don't have the willpower to try to explain it to him myself

Ahmauds actions are being forced upon him by the actions of the McMichaels and Bryan..

He ran from them.. then doubled back on where he came from.. Bryan then chased him, Ahmaud then comes back down the road again still being chased by Bryan (cameraman)

• Advertisement

****ing hell. There was 2 cars. one behind and one in front.

He changed direction to go around the opposite side of the car to where McMichaels was to avoid him

I'm not wasting any more time on this.

Gatling has said the same as I did. That your man was running away and that he also ran towards the man with the gun. Yourself and ShatterAlan can take it up with him/her.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement